Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Join the Analytics team. The Analytics team reports to the Chief Information Officer Team under the Chief Data Office and Analytics, where we believe in the power of data and our analytics experts to continue to grow and foster a data-driven approach to help us to achieve our ambitious goal: by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home they can afford and that meets their needs. In this role, you will be responsible for introducing new and innovative analytics techniques, modeling complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities using statistical analysis, predictive analytics, data mining and visualization techniques. You will be working closely with the leadership and business teams as well as other partners, turning data into insights and maturing our data-driven decision making environment while helping us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
If you are passionate about the power of analytics, bringing people together, and are looking for a new challenge, we want to chat with you!
This is a temporary position of a duration of 12 months.
• Assess large volumes of data and work towards integrating and preparing large, varied and complex datasets for architecting the data
• Responsible for modeling complex analytics problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities using advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques.
• Work with the Advisor, Data Scientists, Business Leadership and the Community of Practice Lead to support the maturity of the analytics capability.
• Explore and implement complex techniques such as natural language processing, text mining and machine learning/deep learning techniques.
• Identify and develop appropriate algorithms to discover patterns, utilizes scenario modelling while working on interactive processes with the business SMEs to validate findings and adjusting models as appropriate.
• Recommend ongoing enhancements to methods and models leading to insights.
• Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Physics or other related quantitative field.
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience as a Data Scientist including a demonstrated proficiency integrating and preparing large, varied datasets and communicating results to various audiences, including senior management.
• Demonstrated proficiency skills in Python/R, SQL, and experience using a wide range of analytical techniques (e.g. supervised learning, clustering, natural language processing (NLP), time series analysis, A/B testing, regressions, correlations, statistical significance, network/link analysis, sentiment analysis).
• Advanced knowledge of industry modelling techniques and best practices for risk analysis, analytics and management.
• Experience in data visualization, in particular using Power Bi.
• Advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills driving creativity and innovation.
• Strong ability to work on several initiatives simultaneously and work within tight deadlines.
• Master degree
• Experience with cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure).
• Data science certifications (e.g. Applied Artificial Intelligence (AI) and deep learning, Microsoft Azure data scientist, etc.).
• Broad understanding of mortgage loan insurance, affordable/social programs, real estate and finance.
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5269
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Halifax (NS); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC)
- Address 1111 West Georgia Street Vancouver, B.C., Canada