Requisition ID: 272727
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As a Development Manager within SAP Analytics Cloud you will lead a team who are focused on developing and operating Application infrastructure. Because we work on the cutting edge, we need someone who is eager to learn, results-oriented, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working independently or collaboratively.
You will manage a team of dedicated developers with the goal of developing micro-services and micro-frontends to support the SAP Analytics Cloud Intelligent Enterprise strategy.
Your tasks will include:
- Ensure high code and testing quality following repeatable processes. You are expected to be hands-on manager, involved in the code as well as the DevOps processes. Ultimately you are accountable for the quality, user experience, readiness and timely delivery of all features produced by your team.
- Working with Product Management define achievable feature sets that maximize the business value of the team's endeavors
- Understand Analytics and Infrastructure and use them to participate in requirements definition
- Ensure the team complies with SAP Analytics Cloud’s engineering standards in developing and operating secure and reliable micro-services.
- Inspire, motivate, develop and enable your team to do their jobs
- Proactively manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Identifying and resolving dependencies on other SAP development teams.
- University degree in Computer Science (or related subject)
- Hands-on experience with building and delivering production-grade, cloud-based solutions.
- Experience in Java enterprise development with Spring boot.
- Experience in client-side technologies and development.
- Experience in Agile software development and continuous delivery.
- Leadership experience via previous lead or management role.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience, 2 of them as a manager.
- Proactive, team player and open-minded.
- Flexible to changing priorities and requirements with flexibility to react on new challenges and opportunities
- People management skills, strong dedication to people development and mentoring
- Create an environment of continuous learning and improvement, where people actively seek to coach and help with team and peer development
- This role will be based in Vancouver, BC
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- Address 910 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery