Closing Date: September 30, 2020
Reporting to Team Lead, Applications, the DevOps Technical Analyst, is responsible for building and enhancing DevOps capabilities to support product teams.
This position requires a strong technical background in development and operations.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Drive DevOps capabilities
- Develop, support and maintain source control practices, CI/CD frameworks, Infrastructure as Code practices in order to make it easier for teams to build, test and deploy their code
- Train, evangelize, and mentor our teams to raise the bar, increase DevOps maturity, and our ability to execute on the company’s goals
- Coordinate closely with the teams, ensuring that they have the tools, know-how, and processes to achieve their goals
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment, and operations
- Ensure that the goals of quality, performance, security, resilience, cost optimization, and operational efficiency are an integral part of all our projects
- Maintain and evolve our DevOps toolset
- Provide help with supporting existing solutions (from operational perspective), modernization efforts
- Ability to use variety of tools and technologies and the ability to learn quickly
- Strong programming and automation experience – you believe you can automate everything
- Strong experience with programming languages such as .Net (C#), NodeJS, Python, Java
- Strong scripting experience in supporting operational tasks
- Strong understanding of technical DevOps capabilities (source control practices, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code)
- Strong experience with build & release automation tools and methodologies such as Azure DevOps Pipelines/Github Actions/Cloud Build and Jenkins
- Azure DevOps/Github experience is an asset
- Experience with Kubernetes/Docker and related technologies/tools
- Experience with Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) is an asset
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform/Ansible/Puppet etc.
- Experience with Terraform is an asset
- Fluent with git (ideally, at the command line level)
- Strong understanding of Agile methodology, Scrum practices; understanding on Scrum, Kanban practices
- Strong Knowledge of networking, cloud infrastructure and services (Azure Cloud is preferred)
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems within and across teams
- Self-starter with ability to lead processes and projects
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
- CAD Month
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery