Organization: Vancouver Maritime Museum
Deadline: Nov. 23, 2020
Vancouver Maritime Museum
Nov. 23, 2020
The Vancouver Maritime Museum is one of the major maritime museums on the west coast of North America, recognized internationally as a world-class leader in preserving the maritime history of Vancouver, BC and the Canadian Arctic. The historical site of the St. Roch, the museum’s permanent exhibits and its many temporary exihibits attract thousands of visitors from all over the world every year. The museum also offers an extensive range of school and community programs. In this context, you will play a key role in our continuous growth, be a part of a great team of committed and passionate people while working in one of the most beautiful locations in Vancouver. The Director of Development reports directly to the Executive Director.
For the position of Director of Development the Vancouver Maritime Museum (VMM) is seeking an energetic, self-motivated team player who thrives on accomplishing goals and getting results.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Prepare and implement annual fundraising plan.
• Be involved in community leadership and outreach.
• In close conjunction/collaboratin with the Executive Director and Board of Trustees, regularly interact and steward existing individual and corporate donors, ensuring all benefits/entitlement are delivered.
• Research and cultivate new donors, including but not limited to: major gifts, corporate sponsors and private foundations.
• Lead in the creation, planning, hosting and execution of fundraising events.
• Prepare and deliver materials for sponsorships, grants, gifts and impact reports.
• Lead and manage grant writing and reporting.
• Identify new grant opportunities.
• Generate donor communications and assist in the creation of the annual report, as well as providing content for newsletters and social media content.
• Prepare fundraising reports, including updating donor and corporate prospect lists.
The Vancouver Maritime Museum is looking for a candidate who is just as adept at making financial decisions as at communicating with others. The Director of Development will possess the following core skills:
• Progressively senior fundraising experience, preferably in the non-profit sector.
• Experience managing diverse revenue streams including principal gifts, major gifts, annual giving, planned giving, foundations, events, corporate sponsorship, direct mail, and internet-based fundraising.
• Superior verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Competent in the use of Office 365.
• In-depth knowledge of fundraising and other information systems, data management and procedures with experience using data to informed decision-making and maximize fundraising opportunities.
• Pro-active, with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• Minimum college or university undergraduate degree in related areas.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working in the development and fundraising capacity at a non-profit.
• Knowledge of current trends in non-for-profit and philanthropy.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume with cover letter before 11:59am on 23 November 2020 to email@example.com
Start date: Jan 15, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Gross pay of $6,000 per month, may vary depending on experience.
Contact Name: Kelina Kwan
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 257-8303
- CAD Month
- Address 938 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery