|City:||Vancouver, BC, Canada|
|Location:||Intercontinental Pulp (BC17)|
Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST: There has never been a better time to focus your career towards Environmentally sustainable initiatives. Arbios Biotech is a joint venture between Canadian Forest Products and technology pioneers Licella which uses cutting edge green technology to convert end-of-life wood and biomass into renewable biofuels and biochemicals. This is a first of its kind and groundbreaking technology and is at the very forefront of sustainability within the forest industry. Learn more about the project here, or at www.arbiosbiotech.com
Based in either Vancouver or Prince George, the Document Control Specialist is a strategic and pivotal role and a key performer in the implementation of the construction phase of this project. Experience in the implementation of systems (SAP) is critical to this role, as is the ability to manage the requirements of multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
This is a temporary position with an estimated duration of 18-24 months.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager, key duties include:
- Develop, implement & maintain the Project Document Management System & register all incoming/outgoing documentation.
- Manage & distribute all project drawings & documentation to key stakeholders for approval ensuring project timelines are met.
- Maintain & monitor contractual due dates for the return of information & monitor according to the project schedules.
- Manage, control and review all project documentation ensuring compliance to internal and regulatory industry quality requirements.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports, scheduling and planning activities using SAP & Excel.
- Provide general project administrative support for the group ensuring a wide range of tasks are completed.
- Effectively liaise with all internal and external key stakeholders.
- 10+ years project document control experience within an engineering project environment.
- Document control systems experience working with various software such as SAP etc.
- Experience with the system implementation would be considered an asset
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills including MS Word, Excel.
- Strong administrative/organizational skills & good attention to detail.
- Well-developed interpersonal & communication skills.
- The ability to work autonomously or within a team environment.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent
The city of Vancouver is both a natural beauty and a progressive urban centre, a rare place on earth that is idyllic and electric all at once. With one of Canada’s mildest climates, Vancouver is ideally suited for those devoted to outdoor pursuits, health and wellness. Along with its endless supply of fresh air and clean water, Vancouver also boasts countless choices for culturally diverse, world-class cuisine and an inventory of arts and entertainment events. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/vancouver
- Address 100 -1700 W 75th Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada