Closing Date: January 29, 2021
As part of our RACE21™ business transformation program, we are looking for an Engagement Lead to support and drive employee engagement. As we evolve our existing culture to match our digitally innovative vision, your role will be providing pivotal support to bring along our team.
You will be working with an existing change and engagement team to build and expand on their existing strategy. You will be a self-starter looking to win trust, seize opportunities and add value quickly. Working with the leadership team, you will be coaching and providing hands on support to them in their roles as communicators. To the broader team and organization, you will be responsible for creating approaches which are creative, innovative, engaging, and sustainable; bringing a fresh perspective to how we deliver core messages.
It is important that you are quick to learn and technically savvy.
- Support large initiatives with communication and adoption strategies (i.e. the modern workplace)
- Work closely with the corporate communications team on content within all employee channels
- Develop (or create), support and continuously evaluate communication channels, activities, and feedback channels (e.g. Townhalls, MS Teams)
- Develop a process to gather and disseminate key achievements, milestones, and updates within the team and to other key stakeholder groups
- Advise, coach, and support the leadership team in the pursuit of employee engagement
- Translate and simplify technical language into plain English, using an informal and friendly tone
- Find creative and innovative ways to engage stakeholders
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in internal communications.
- Must have strong skills and experience of the O365 suite (SharePoint is a must).
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in an IT environment would be a benefit.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, problem solve, stay organized and manage multiple assignments.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to maintain and ensure accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively both individually, and in a collaborative, team setting.
- Capable of working efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to measure their own effectiveness and demonstrate value.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada