Closing Date: Dec, 3 2020
Want to make a difference? We are embarking on a technological journey that will change mining forever! Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is modernizing coal mining for the future.
Find out more about RACE21 on our website!
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Modeling and Value Capture, the Financial Analyst is responsible for performing analysis and maintaining models in support of the Financial Modelling, Value Capture, and Accounting team within RACE21™, tracking benefits and ultimately assembling the value of all RACE21™ initiatives.
This opening is for a 6 month contract with the opportunity to become permanent.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Assist team in developing financial models, forecasting impacts, and tracking benefits of all initiatives
- Support team members in the financial assessment of projects and products and help develop business cases
- Provide timely, accurate, and informative reporting of key performance indicators and associated value
- Review actual performance versus plan performance and provide recommendations to Mangers for action
- Develop presentations to communicate and aid management in business decision making
- Build and maintain cross-departmental relationships
- Assume responsibility for numerous, and often changing, projects and tasks
- P.Eng, CPA/CFA designation, or MBA with minimum three years of financial analysis experience
- Advanced understanding of budgeting, forecasting, reporting, planning, and analysis
- Experience with financial modelling using analytical techniques in a practical setting
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite Excel skills
- Proficient with developing presentations and process diagrams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and maintain good relationships with internal and external audiences
- Results driven; Ability to articulate clear business drivers to influence decision making and find solutions to achieve desired outcomes
- Confirmed ability to prioritize, work under pressure with minimal mentorship, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
- CAD Month
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery