Closing Date: September 30, 2020
The Full-Stack Developer, RACE21™ is responsible for shaping and implementing strategic products to ensure Teck stays on the leading edge of technology. They will contribute across the technology stack, from database and DevOps infrastructure that supports continuous deployment, to web and native applications. RACE21™ Full-Stack Developers have a passion for software development and an appetite for continual learning and working to share and advance the high-quality practices and standards.
There are multiple positions for Full-Stack Developer.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Use agile practices and a variety of software development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient solutions that deliver a great end-user experience
- Collaborate with other agile team members to craft clear user stories, design tests for prototypes and products, and continuously deliver product enhancements
- Ensure the team’s code follows the most up-to-date coding practices and industry standards to advance quality, maintainability, performance, and security
- Collaboratively challenge conventions and ideas to help the team avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Computer Science degree or equivalent education and experience
- Highly developed skills in Python and/or Node.js
- Expertise with web frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue
- Infrastructure knowledge including RESTful API frameworks (Flask, Express.Js) and Single Sign On
- Experience with TDD and unit and functional/acceptance test frameworks and automation technologies, such as unittest, py.test, Mocha, Jest, Selenium
- Experience developing data-intensive applications in a cloud-based environment
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and professional experience on an agile team, including pair programming
- Keen collaborator and clear communicator, responsive to service needs and operational demands
- Passionate about the impact of emerging technologies and learning new skills and ideas
- Self-starter who embraces a culture of transparency and trust, and thrives in an environment of rapid change and growth
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
- CAD Month
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery