Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Overview of the Team and Role
In the SAP.iO Venture Studio, we’re transforming the way SAP builds new businesses. We identify promising talent and ideas, invest between $750K and $2.5M in seed stage capital, and scale the ventures over time.
In this role, you’ll iterate quickly with a small but high energy team to help us to design and develop a scalable SaaS solution. You’ll own development of our back-end infrastructure & will ensure that that we use the most suitable technologies and build in the right features to allow for a reliable, efficient, and effective solution.
You should be hungry, ambitious, and be energized by helping customers solve their problems with technology. This is your opportunity to contribute to the growth of a new start-up, in a VC-style incubator, with the backing of one of the most impactful brands in enterprise software.
To be successful in this role you need to:
- Have solid grounding in computer science fundamentals, and hands-on experiences working at consumer-facing and scalable Web application
- Have good understanding of developing Web application across all layers (UI, API, Data)
- Follow Agile development best practices
- Be part of Agile team embracing microservice architecture and DevSecOps culture
- Have passion for new and emerging technology.
- Take quality and security seriously. They must be built into the software. And everything is a code.
- Have results driven personality, high enthusiasm, energy, and confidence
What do you need to bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer programming or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Passion for early-stage product development. Previous experience in a start-up environment is a plus but not required
- 4+ years of experience building complex, scalable, and secure web applications
- Good database skills in SQL/noSQL
- Experience building cloud native applications using cloud provider services (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP) and PaaS environments (SAP Cloud Platform a plus)
- Sense for quality assurance and experience designing and implementing functional tests as part of the development process.
- Experience with automations in at least one area (test, build, deploy, etc.)
- Effective communication skills, focusing on the presentation of technical information
- Ability to operate autonomously. You will be in the driver’s seat of your work and must be willing and able to run with a high degree of independence.
What would be nice to see too?
- Experience working with Service Oriented Architectures, microservices, and event driven architectures
- Successful past delivery of products hosted in public cloud offerings
- DevOps experience (e.g. Docker/Kubernetes, CI/CD).
How you’ll grow with SAP.iO:
As one of the first 5 members of a seed-stage team, you will get to work in a start-up environment where you can lead your domain and drive many decisions independently. We also strive to support your skill development on a number of fronts, including world-class mentorship opportunities and a portfolio of Venture Studio workshops among other opportunities. Our goal is to grow your career as we grow this venture.
Successful ventures have the opportunity to be spun into new business units within SAP – for example, Spotlight by SAP spun out to establish the business process intelligence unit reporting directly to an executive board member and RUUM is now low-code, no-code foundation within the SAP Cloud Platform. We aim to take a similarly ambitious path with this venture.
Vancouver, CA-BC with ability to work remotely through the duration of COVID-19.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- Address 910 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, Canada