Requisition ID: 94278
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Be part of a company and team who’s values are: Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Passion…..
The Healthcare and Professional Specialist is part of a national team responsible for leveraging their expertise for the profitable growth of new high value customers, healthcare and professional customers. He/she acquires new healthcare and professional customer relationships through involvement in industry events and relationships with local Professionals, COI’s serving the segment, Scotiabank Partners and Professional Associations with a footprint in the local market, while retaining and expanding existing ones, as well as from Retail and other internal partners. He/she is responsible for meeting assigned targets, which include asset, deposit and revenue growth and business development activities, retention and referral goals as well as other objectives related to customer service, operational effectiveness and personal development.
- Is this role right for you?
- You would manage and grow a business banking portfolio of existing and new high value healthcare and professional customers, Centers of Influence and professional associations with the purpose of achieving significant growth, retention and other targets while meeting the Bank’s Service Standards.
- You would be expected to develop and maintain knowledge of assigned healthcare and professional customers including the nature and progress of their business, their financial position and the terms and conditions of financial services used.
- Provide specialized healthcare and professional customers expertise and business/finance advice which increases the business owner’s ability to succeed in their business.
- Develop a network of community business contacts and participating in marketing/educational seminars.
- Manage an assigned credit portfolio at an acceptable level of risk.
- Prepare and/or ensure all documentation are properly completed.
- You would be responsible for negotiating aggressive yet achievable financial and non-financial goals.
- You would actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to risk.
- Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if:
- Basic university/college courses in accounting, finance, business law, and economics, or equivalent work experience.
- Would you classify yourself as an expert in the knowledge of the features and benefits of Small Business products and services, selling approach, selling tools and calculators?
- An expert knowledge of the specialist’s marketplace, proven expertise in the healthcare and professional segment within that marketplace.
- Have a strong knowledge of the applicable software and technology platforms for Small Business including the supporting systems such as the ACE and GRM, Sales Builder, Intralink etc.
- A thorough knowledge of applicable risk management policies and processes as well knowledge of legal and security documentation for small business products.
- Experience in interviewing, solicitation, marketing and business development techniques as well knowledge of small business legal structures, life cycles and owner characteristics.
- You will need a strong background in business financial statements, especially the healthcare and professional segments.
- Working knowledge of economic conditions and political events affecting businesses, especially in the professional/healthcare segment.
- The ability to build and maintain key relationships is essential, along with the ability to influence and persuade others. The incumbent must possess tactical planning, implementation and organization skills. A high degree of flexibility is required to adapt to a wide variety of tasks and functions.
- What’s in it for you?
- This is a great opportunity to discover business and personal banking needs/preferences on both sides of the customer’s balance sheet.
- For you to proactively collaborate with Branch Managers and Wealth Management Consultants to ensure a Total Solutions approach (business and personal lending, payments and investments), is provided to each new and existing healthcare and professional customer.
- Assist and advise Scotiabank partners (Branch Managers, Small Business Advisors(s) and Financial Advisor(s)) in marketing, structuring and closing certain healthcare and professional deals with existing Branch customers.
- Responding to requests for business banking solutions by collecting relevant information, processing the requests, and conducting due diligence as applicable.
- Be the champion of a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
- Contribute to Specialty Business Banking’s overall financial and non-financial objectives.
A standard office environment is provided however the incumbent may spend up to 90% of the time away from an office environment, working with the Sales team either in Branches or in customer/prospect facilities, travelling to conduct marketing activities and other customer interviews, trade shows, COI events etc. Travel requirements, sometimes in bad weather, add to the risk of injury. Customer demands are constant and sometimes outside of office hours. Vehicle required.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Richmond || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Address 650 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC, Canada