Requisition ID: 34902
Job Category: Construction; Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
An exciting position has become available for a Construction Engineer to join our Project Delivery Group in the Construction Practice. In joining Hatch, you will become part of an established team of professionals, who are committed to delivering differentiated services to our Clients.
You will be given the opportunity to further your career by working on challenging projects in multidisciplinary teams and having access to and support from the company’s worldwide operations.
Specifically, we are interested in hearing from:
- Project (Field) Engineers
- Engineering and Project Managers
- Construction Supervisors
Successful candidates will be required to:
- Work dynamically and collaboratively with Client teams and colleagues alike in various Mining sustaining capital and expansion projects;
- Readily develop a thorough understanding of Project requirements as they relate to scope, cost and schedule, from engineering design, through to procurement and construction
- Responsible for executing project assignments, coordinating and managing engineering and construction services and ensuring the projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Lead assigned projects and ensure the client is satisfied with scope of work and schedule.
- Contribute to the successful delivery and completion of the Project (achieving Project KPIs and deliverables)
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles and practices and collaborates with other disciplines and technical professionals as required.
- Oversee onsite quality including, inspection of work, sign-offs, review of subcontractors’ QA/QC programs and coordinate with subcontractors’ Quality supervisors.
- Issue daily reports mainly consisting of subcontractors’ daily work records.
- Maintaining appropriate field documentation and filing system.
- Follow project close-out procedures.
- Travel and work on assignment at Client based sites, as required
Ideal applicants will be self-starters who are able to demonstrate their skills and experience and/or potential in the following areas:
- Demonstrated experience working in the Mining Industry
- Excellent safety awareness and experience working to industry standards
- Experience working as part of or managing integrated teams
- Experience with EPCM model of project delivery
- Experience and knowledge of all facets of project execution from design through to commissioning
- Relevant engineering degree or formal qualifications pertaining to the role
- Sensitivity to customer’s needs; with the ability to develop sustainable, open and honest relationships with Clients and colleagues alike
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Team leadership skills and willingness to effectively collaborate with others
- Ability to negotiate and influence others to achieve best for project / business outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in the use of MS suite
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally for business as well as undertake extended assignments away from your home location
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (mechanical preferred) or Construction Management from an accredited University.
- 7-10 years of experience in Engineering, Field Engineering and Construction.
- Project/construction engineering background dealing with small, medium and large construction projects.
- Working knowledge of engineering and project planning and managing software.
Successful candidates will be engaged to travel and work on key Project and Client teams throughout Canada – as well as actively contributing to the further development of the Hatch Mining practice.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- CAD Month
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery