Requisition ID: 31990
Job Category: Metals
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
- Focus on the development of Tailings & Mine Closure Practice solutions for the market in the Americas with a focus to provide operational support and manage existing projects and also to expand Hatch's existing clients base in the other regional clusters as well, namely South America and to a lesser extent in the AUA and AEM regions;
- Manage all levels of studies, but mostly from scoping to the basic engineering phases and guide larger multi-disciplinary teams in the execution of Tailings & Mine Closure projects with a defined inclination for ground engineering design, hydrogeological background and efficient dewatering, transport and disposal arrangements; cost estimating and construction quality assurance;
- Coordination and management of multi-disciplinary teams to develop integrated tailings, mine waste and mine water management solutions for the selection of sites, tailings dewatering process technologies, subsurface investigation studies and laboratory tests programmes for material characterization (geotechnical and geochemical), transport and conveyance studies and final disposal including embankment design, deposition modeling, capping and closure studies, as well as surface water management, dam break analyses, flood routing to evaluate and size channels/pipes;
- Have a marked discipline inclination and relevant experience for advanced seismic engineering design and construction of mine waste facilities;
- Development of material takeoffs and conceptual level CapEx and OpEx cost estimates and schedules.
- Preparing technical documentation including reports, specifications and design basis memorandums as well as reviewing and coordinating civil designers and helping prepare engineering drawings;
- Conduct eventual senior reviews and technical audits or sponsorship of key Tailings & Mine Closure projects in the Americas within the Hatch business;
- Business development and marketing to existing and new Hatch clients in the mining sector as well as independently preparing of expressions of interest and technical proposals;
- Supporting with tailings dewatering technology development related to Tailings & Mine Closure projects;
- Provide career direction, mentorship and management of engineers, geologists and CAD designers.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Consulting or construction recognized experience in the mining sector with preferred post-graduate degree(s) in geotechnical, mining or hydrotechnical engineering;
- Leadership skills with proven ability to mentor junior engineers, designers and technicians;
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in integrated tailings management facilities' design, integrated mine water management design, mine closure management or mine waste geotechnical engineering;
- Construction/field experience (construction quality assurance, drilling or oversite of operational activities);
- Eligible or holder of Professional Engineer designation in Canada or the USA and knowledge of CDA and MAC tailings and mine waste design and operation guidelines;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills in the technical and commercial fields. Preferred bilingual proficiency in French and/or Spanish and/or Portuguese;
- Works well and seamlessly in an international team with a strong client focus;
- History of effective business development and strong existing client relationships;
- Project management skills including SAP reporting and WIV/WIH measurement tools;
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite of tools including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project;
- Ability to travel internationally for business with focus on the Americas to support regional operations; and
- Valid passport preferably with international recognition and a driver's license from a Canadian province.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- CAD Month
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery