Requisition ID: 34761
Job Category: Campus
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our Project Delivery Group (PDG) helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems. Our engineering and project management and construction disciplines ensure safe, efficient, and sustainable delivery of projects globally across the metals and mining, infrastructure, and energy sectors.
We manage our clients’ entire project lifecycle from studies to building assets, operating the assets, and developing efficiencies.
Join our team and become part of a community that strives for positive change–providing the best solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges!
Hatch is currently seeking a motivated graduate for a Structural Designer/Technician position in our Vancouver Office. Working closely with our senior engineers and designers this position will allow candidates to directly apply and develop their knowledge and training in structural Computer Aided Drafting and Design.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparation of structural steel and reinforced concrete 3D models of heavy industrial structures for hydro power and mining and mineral processing facilities
- Extraction and annotation of 2D drawings from the 3D models
- Preparation of general arrangement plans and drawings
- Preparation of architectural plans and drawings
- Preparation of material quantity take-offs from 2D drawings, sketches or directly from a 3D model
The successful candidate will be a recent graduate from a recognized technical institute and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Working knowledge with CAD 3D and 2D software such as MicroStation 3D, MicroStation 2D, AutoCAD 3D and AutoCAD 2D
- Proficiency with the 3D environment would be a definite asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Dedication as a team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Analytical, 3D visualization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately
You must submit a transcript with your application.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- CAD Month
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery