Reporting to the Director, Value Capture, Financial Modeling and Accounting, the Lead, Budgeting and Forecasting, is responsible for RACE21TM annual and periodic budgets and monthly forecasts. The position’s primary responsibilities include:
- Compiling, reviewing and analyzing RACE21TM’s budgets and current-year forecasts (B&Fs)
- Preparing RACE21TM monthly forecast presentations and reports to the leadership team
- Preparing RACE21TM annual budget for inclusion into Teck’s consolidated budget report to the Board of Directors
- Preparing RACE21TM annual budget presentation for the leadership team
- Coordinating the RACE21TM portion of Teck’s annual consolidated budget review meeting
- Planning and communicating the RACE21TM annual and periodic budget timelines
- Partnering with global finance teams and VHO teams to support, collaborate, and incorporate business environment changes in the RACE21TM B&F process and results
- Providing timely and useful B&F analyses/reports to support business decision-making
- Reviewing, streamlining and maintaining the consistency of RACE21TM B&F processes and ensure alignment with Teck’s B&F processes
- Acting as the RACE21TM B&F subject matter expert on system upgrades and implementations
- Optimizing the planning platform to meet RACE21TM ever-evolving B&F reporting needs.
The position is also responsible for integration and alignment of RACE21TM B&F processes with Teck’s corporate accounting and treasury groups’ B&F processes.
a. Annual Budget
- Consolidate RACE21TM annual budget and review it for completeness and reasonability
- Provide guidance and advice to the RACE21TM value delivery managers and site controllers and coordinate the flow and reporting of budget and forecast information.
- Prepare and analyze high-level budget to forecast and budget to actuals variance reports to troubleshoot anomalies in budget financial data
- Prepare the annual budget report for RACE21TM leadership team
- Coordinate the RACE21TM portion of Teck’s annual consolidated budget review meeting
- Planning and communicating the RACE21TM annual budget timeline
- Coordinate the implementation of budget process improvement initiatives
- Prepare ad hoc budget analyses for senior accounting personnel and senior management
- Flex budget assumptions as required by senior management
b. Monthly Forecast(s)
- Compile RACE21TM monthly current-year forecast(s) and analyze for completeness and reasonability
- Provide guidance, advice and support to sites with respect to monthly forecast information submissions, in coordination with VHO corporate accounting
- Prepare/review forecast variance analyses to troubleshoot data anomalies
- Prepare ad hoc forecast analyses for senior accounting personnel, and senior management.
c. Infrastructure and Processes
- Continuously challenge existing platform and processes to ensure assumptions, system design and system workflow are realistic, representative and accurate
- Engage sites and relevant VHO groups in workflow and process changes
- Configure the planning infrastructure to align with Teck’s planning system and processes
- Develop automated forecasting/budgeting reports tailored to evolving business needs.
- A CPA designation and 10+ years of B&F experience in large organization in senior accounting roles
- Advanced computer skills and in-depth knowledge of various software packages an asset
- Strong understanding of the mining industry, and the company’s organizational structure/history
- Strong financial accounting skills in a large company multi-location setting
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage relationships through openness, honesty and cooperation
- Solutions focused with an ability to think critically and troubleshoot problems as they arise
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation, accountability and independent judgment
- Ability to effectively delegate responsibilities to others; recognize where additional resources or technical assistance are required, and effectively handle their engagement
- Ability to prioritize and deliver results under tight reporting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to plan projects, develop realistic timelines, collaborate and organize resources
- Ability to review processes, identify/implement process improvements and influence change
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
- CAD Month
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery