Closing Date: November 30, 2020
Reporting to the Manager of Software Development, the Lead Full-Stack Developer, RACE21™ is responsible for technical leadership of Full-Stack Developers working within RACE21’s cross-functional squads. As both a people leader and a technical contributor on a cross-functional squad, the Lead Full-Stack Developer will collaborate closely with the Manager of Software Development and Solution Architects stewarding digital product development through the entire lifecycle.
The Lead Full-Stack Developer is skilled at communication across technical and nontechnical functions and can guide and support squad members in developing this capacity. As a technical contributor, the Lead Full-Stack Developer brings a wealth of experience with advanced analytics solutions in a collaborative, agile, cloud-native environment.
The Lead Full-Stack Developer is experienced in collaborating on cross-functional teams with UX designers, product owners, scrum masters, data scientists, CloudOps, and data engineers, and can lead guild members in building this ability.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Provide technical leadership and guidance on development best practices
- Be a senior hands-on contributor and lead by example
- Mentor and coach developers in the RACE21 full-stack developers guild through individual relationships and group skill sharing activities
- Advise and collaborate with the Manager of Software Development on performance management of the team
- Be a technical evangelist, constantly looking for opportunities to advance our productivity and quality across teams by defining and upholding best practices and advocating for new technologies
- Collaborate with operations teams on cloud infrastructure to build visibility on technical requirements and advocate for best practices
- Technical scope commensurate with a senior experience level in Full-Stack Developer competencies
- Computer Science degree or equivalent education and experience
- Solid understanding of design patterns and application architectures
- Proven experience in one of the major cloud platforms
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and experience as a developer of advanced analytics applications on an agile team
- Solid business and collaboration skills, and responsive to service needs and operational demands
- Passion for developing products powered by advanced analytics
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude for team building, mentorship, and people leadership
- Proven ability in catalyzing change as a technical leader
- Creative and proactive problem-solver who is intrinsically motivated and excited to make an impact with great digital products and emerging technologies
- Believes in culture of transparency and trust, and works best in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Open to learning new ideas and developing new competencies
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
- CAD Month
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery