Closing Date: October 25, 2020
Reporting to the Supervisor, Corporate library, the Library Technician is responsible for providing library services and responding to requests from internal clients from Teck offices and sites.
• Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
• Maintains the Corporate Library collection, following local policies and guidelines
• Assists in providing current awareness services through scanning, formatting and distributing news content
• Responds to client information requests
• Liaises with publishers and subscription vendors/agents regarding changes to subscriptions
• Receives, checks-in, routes and shelves serials; fulfills all interlibrary loan requests
• Maintains content (including e-journals) on the company’s internet
• Administrative tasks as assigned.
• Diploma in Library Information & Technology with courses completed in cataloguing, subject analysis and classification
• Experience with commercial online databases (e.g. Factiva, Bloomberg, Proquest Dialog, a variety of library catalogue platforms)
• Effective interpersonal skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Familiarity with business procedures in a corporate or special library setting
• Proficiency in Spanish is considered an asset.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
- CAD Month
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery