Organization: Firehall Theatre Society
Deadline: Dec. 6, 2020
Firehall Theatre Society
Dec. 6, 2020
The Firehall Arts Centre/ Firehall Theatre Society is a 135-175 seat flexible studio theatre which is currently running at 40 seats, adhering to the Provincial COVID restrictions. The organization is producing and presenting a re- imagined season of theatre and contemporary dance during a pandemic and also rents the performance space to local theatre and dance companies.
The Firehall Arts Centre is seeking an enthusiastic Marketing Assistant to join our team as part of an eight week contract position January 4 2021 to February 27 2021 made possible by the extended Federal Government Student Summer program. The applicant must be a youth between the ages of 15 and 30 years.
Reporting to the Artistic Producer and Marketing Coordinator, this position is the perfect opportunity for the individual selected to gain knowledge of marketing in the performing/visual arts and the Firehall Arts Centre. Focus will be marketing our productions and the venue as an artistic hub.
Responsibilities will include:
• assist with maintenance of website and updating of digital sign
• assist marketing coordinator while working with publicists and graphic designer on the creation of marketing materials
• assist in marketing planning and promotional initiatives
• assist in maintaining and updating all outreach, marketing and media lists
• assist in the creation and distribution of the bi-weekly e-news letter /eblast
• assist in reaching out to the community at large to promote our events
• assist in monitoring Key Performance Indicators for social media applications
• some general administrative duties
• attending weekly staff meetings
• Computer literate including Microsoft Office/ Excel and Photoshop
• Knowledge of Social Media Apps
• Familiarity with Word Press an asset
• Previous marketing experience or education an asset
• Must have great communication skills, be friendly and confident, have a love of the performing arts and a great sense of humor
How to Apply:
To apply for the position, please send resume and cover letter to The Firehall Arts Centre, 280 East Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1L3, or email to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Sunday December 6, 2020
No phone calls please. We thank all who express interest in this position, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted. The Firehall Arts Centre is committed to employment equity
This is a full time position working Monday through Friday 35 hours per week at $14.60 per hour for the duration of the contract.
Contact Name: Susan Shank
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 689-0691
- CAD Month
- Address 938 Howe Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery