POSTING NUMBER: 2020-49
POSITION: Nurse Manager, Regular Full-Time
UNION: BCNU or H.S.A, Nurse’s Bargaining Association
PROGRAM: Skyline Lodge, Abbotsford
SALARY RANGE: $42.25 – $51.78
HOURS OF PAY: 37.5 hours per week
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday: 0700 hrs to 1500 hrs
START DATE: ASAP
All candidates subject to a criminal records search.
Qualifications and job description attached.
Please indicate posting number 2020-49 when sending applications and resumes to email@example.com
Please submit applications no later than 5 p.m. Friday, September 11, 2020.
** Days and hours of work may change.
At MPA Society, the unique capabilities and talents of our employees are our greatest asset. We believe that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhance our ability to work in partnership with the diverse communities and people we serve. MPA Society hires on the basis of merit, and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Description – Nurse Manager, R.P.N/R.N
Skyline Lodge Licensed Housing
Classification benchmark: Direct Patient Care Profile Classification Level 4
Grid level: DC4
Collective Agreement: Nurses’ Bargaining Association (NBA)
Reports to: Operational Director
The Skyline Lodge Licensed Housing Program provide assistance, support and basic skill training to members in their living environment while encouraging independence, self-responsibility, and healthy lifestyle choices.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for the overall operation of Skyline Lodge facilities in a manner consistent with the Licensing Act and the policies of the Motivation, Power & Achievement Society.
Functions & Responsibilities
- In accordance with all legislations and requirements, ensures a standard of care.
- Participates in development and implements all operational policies and procedures.
- Maintenance of house accounts and petty cash.
- Develops staff rosters.
- Develops in-service educational program commensurate with the needs of the facility.
- Establishes and maintains professional contacts with community and government agencies and health organizations.
- Observes building renovations and maintenance to ensure the needs of the persons-in-care and government regulations are met and to maintain environmental safety.
- Ensures that medical and psychiatric care services are provided for the persons-in-care.
- Serves as a member of the Medication Safety Committee.
- Ensures compliance with nutritional standards.
- With the Director of Licensed Care/Assistant Director of Licensed Care, participates in hiring/orientation of staff.
- Initiates the process for progressive disciplining of staff if needed.
- Responsible for quality assurance and risk management programs.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of individual plans for the person-in-care in conjunction with the care staff, Mental Health Team and the person-in-care.
- Consults, as required, with the team case Managers, the person-in-care’s psychiatrist, physician and other professionals involved with the person-in-care.
- Reviews all referrals and arranges for all interviews and admissions.
- Defines duties, organizes workload of all professional and care staff and arranges schedules to ensure adequate staffing coverage is maintained.
- Responsible for providing input into the evaluation of the work of care staff.
- As part of the management team, participates in formalizing and reviewing personnel policies and procedures.
- Assumes on-call duties for all licensed care facilities with the MPA Society as scheduled.
- Identifies and recommends training/skill enhancement for care staff.
- Responsible for the active and ongoing monitoring and follow up of the work of others and accountable for the outcomes of the care given by care staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training & Experience
- RPN/RN with BHSc (PN)/BSN preferred or an equivalent consideration of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a management position with experience in the operation of a psychiatric residential community care facility.
- Demonstrated management skills in a unionized environment.
- Able to work independently, exercise initiative and good judgement.
- Excellent communication skills.
- TB clearance and medical certification.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Compensation $42.25 - $51.78 CAD $42.25 - $51.78 Month
- Address Abbotsford, BC, Canada