Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Product to be part of the Vancouver-based AWS Serverless Applications Experience team. Serverless is changing the way that companies big and small think about building applications in the cloud and the Serverless group at AWS thinks of themselves as a disruptive startup inside one of the world’s most innovative companies – we value speed, high judgement, and justified risk taking. Serverless architectures allow AWS customers to build event-driven, fault-tolerant, and scalable applications in the cloud without requiring any expertise in infrastructure management. Are you interested in developer tools – including command line utilities, testing frameworks, and build tools? Love the idea of creating the future of application workflows for the next million developers? Does offering disruptive agility, productivity, and cost efficiency excite you? If you’re excited by cloud computing, want to help lead from the innovative edge, and have a deep mastery of application workflows, then join us in making AWS Serverless technologies the most successful cloud solution on the planet!
As the owner of AWS’s Serverless developer workflows, you will be responsible for making the serverless portfolio the easiest platform to develop on. As a product , you will be a critical part of the AWS Serverless Application Experience leadership group that owns the business model, feature and prioritization of the roadmap, customer segmentation and pricing, and demand generation for impactful new products. You will bring the customer voice to the table and work across AWS engineering teams, business, and marketing leads to set strategy, define the product, and make the difficult, high-judgment trade-offs between features and time-to-market. You will partner with the technology leaders of the organization to create the developer experience and programming model that delight our customers. Your responsibilities include:
· Communicate and partner with AWS customers to continuously gather their feedback on your product
· Author documents relating to product life cycle including product roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications.
· Drive product across teams (primarily Engineering, Operations, Product Management, Business , and Marketing) through business requirements, , , and deployment.
· Work collaboratively with Engineering as an advocate for the needs of our customers
· Evaluate industry innovations and technology platforms and identify partnership and collaboration opportunities
What does it take to succeed in this role? Excited by the scale at which we work and the incredible opportunity serverless technologies represent. Passionate about simplifying complex technology into delightful developer and operator experiences. Obsessed with customers, their needs, and delighting them by delivering quickly. delivering quickly and collaboratively. Someone who possesses a strategic understanding of business goals and is creative enough to help define what we build, with demonstrated experience leading developer facing product efforts. Someone with exceptional verbal communication skills to manage the large degree of external interaction with customers and partners the role needs, and detail-oriented in documenting their analysis of the marketplace, customer requirements, and operational processes.
· 10+ years of experience delivering large scale, cross functional, and complex projects
· 10+ years of experience in product or program management or similar technical roles
· 10+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior leaders
· MBA or Master’s degree
· Experience defining product requirements and using and metrics to indicate what improvements are made
· Demonstrated ability to solve ambiguous problems
· Proven ability to think strategically and execute methodically
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, solve problems, and understand tradeoffs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
- Address 510 W Georgia St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 0M3, Canada