Requisition ID: 90867
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
The Regional Director, Wealth Management Partnerships is responsible for the profitability of an assigned region. The incumbent achieves defined goals by setting and managing the Bank Partner strategy for the region related to the profitable delivery of high quality advice and solutions to Bank Partners and their customers. The incumbent achieves this by leading and coaching a team of Wealth Management Consultants, ensuring they have the skills and knowledge required to meet and exceed goals. As the leader of this team, the Regional Director will ensure that the Bank Partner coverage is robust and supported by their Advisory colleagues. The incumbent will work closely with regional and local business line leaders, his/her Bank Partnerships counterpart, and National Office to ensure there are collaborative working relationships in the region, with a focus on providing a holistic Wealth Management offering to clients, deepening and broadening Scotiabank client relationships.
- Develops and executes strategic business plans for the market area by:
- Collaborating with Executive Office to develop the market Leadership strategy for Partnerships;
- Developing a visible community profile for Scotia Wealth Management in the region;
- Developing and providing oversight of regional partnership engagement initiatives and budgets (e.g. sponsorship, campaigns, etc.);
- Providing direction and support to direct reports for resolution of complex client issues in a timely manner;
- Serving as the primary leadership contact for the region, establishing close working relationships with Scotia Wealth Management colleagues and Scotiabank partners to create business line awareness and generate quality internal referrals;
- Representing Scotia Wealth Management/Scotiabank at various regional industry and regulatory functions.
- Leads the sales/service management strategy for the market area by:
- Leading, coaching and motivating a regional team of Wealth Management Consultants to exceed nationally defined goals and business plans with recognition and by providing effective and timely training and performance management;
- Championing and facilitating the sharing of best practices across the region to enhance client and relationship managers experiences;
- Encouraging the effective use of tools to track referrals for reporting and to ensure timely communication to partners on referral status;
- Managing the territory coverage within the region, ensuring that Scotiabank partners and Wealth Management colleagues feel well supported, gaps and/or opportunities are identified and recommendations are made to address them;
- Preparing and managing a regional profit plan that aligns to the broader Client Solutions annual profit planning exercise;
- Establishing and overseeing cross referral business (e.g. Retail Distribution, Commercial Banking, Automotive Banking) and business development activities for Scotia Wealth Management;
- Maintaining a strong understanding and working knowledge of all Scotiabank’s capabilities in order to recognize and facilitate cross-referral opportunities.
- Ensures operational effectiveness and manages operational risk for the market area by:
- Working with advisory regional management and National Office to support escalated client experience issues and formal complaints involving Solutions professionals;
- Preparing and managing the regional business development budget;
- Utilizing enablers (e.g. dashboard reporting, CRM, etc.) and supporting the adoption of new tools, technologies, and processes to effectively manage the region;
- Managing the overall quality and timeliness of client service in the region in compliance with corporate policies and procedures, the operation document(s), legislation, and court precedent.
- Defining the Wealth Management Consultant recruitment strategy for the region and managing the recruitment and onboarding of new hires, including terms of employment, administrative requirements, real estate, and any other necessary support.
- Ensuring management controls are in place and effective across the region;
- Overseeing the execution of Bank policies, practices, & procedures across the region;
- Maintaining a high degree of working knowledge of regulatory and legislative requirements in the region;
- Ensuring the direct reports comply and hold their teams accountable to upholding all regulatory and compliance requirements including Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing, FATCA, QI, Know Your Customer, CASL;
- Ensuring strict adherence to Bank security procedures, including assigned authorities and limits across the region.
- Build and maintain collaborative networks with key partners by:
- Developing strong relationships and regularly meeting with Scotiabank partners and with advisors, relationship managers, Branch Managers, and Regional Directors across Scotia Wealth Management;
- Championing the Scotia Wealth Management value proposition to Scotiabank partners, including creating awareness within the region around the total wealth offering and the breadth and depth of capabilities within the Client Solutions and Advisory teams;
- Facilitating and/or delivering regional training and educational sessions aimed at improving Scotiabank partners’ understanding of our offering and various solutions.
- Serving as the primary leadership contact for the region, establishing close working relationships with Advisory, Client Solutions and Scotiabank partners to broaden and deepen client relationships.
- Provides leadership to motivate and develop individual and team performance by:
- Fostering and developing a strong, positive team environment, driving employee empowerment, innovation and a high degree of engagement;
- Driving the internal communications process by ensuring all employees are aware of key projects, corporate goals and ongoing critical changes affecting clients;
- Exhibiting an ability to listen, negotiate and communicate goals;
- Ensuring the performance management process is in place and employee development is a priority for all employees on the team;
- Sharing knowledge, experience and responsibility with employees in a drive for the highest standards of professionalism, sales and service excellence;
- Regularly scheduling one-on-one coaching with direct reports;
- Identifying and supporting training and developmental needs of team members and participation in the development of training programs;
- Managing staffing requirements and departmental workloads.
- Contribute to the effective functioning of Solutions by:
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business lines and corporate functions;
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication by actively participating and contributing to touchbases, team meetings, encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches and actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members;
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
Education & Work Experience:
- University Degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in the Financial Industry, preferably within Wealth Management
- Strong understanding of Wealth Management Solutions and capabilities;
- Solid understanding of Canadian Wealth Management objectives, strategies and structures;
- Strong knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends, economic conditions, and the regulatory environment, new and existing Financial Planning & Insurance products & strategies;
- Thorough knowledge of Scotiabank investment and banking offerings within Wealth Management and Canadian Banking network;
- Proven strategic and tactical planning skills and proven ability to execute against the plan;
- Strong sales management and leadership skills to ensure the highest service standards and appropriate resources are made available to the Bank’s highest value clients;
- Expert knowledge of client experience drivers and demonstrated success and passion for putting clients first including the ability to create and sustain a client focused sales culture;
- Advanced knowledge of sales techniques and prospecting;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other stakeholders for the benefit of the Bank’s clients;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication and negotiation skills and professionalism are essential to effectively leading sales team, and managing sophisticated clients, prospects, and COIs;
- Ability to relate comfortably with affluent and influential clients and referral sources in both a business and social context;
- Strong change management skills and ability to adopt technology and reporting platform changes to support operational improvements, sales management process improvements and general management improvements;
- Proven record in compliance and regulatory oversight;
- A high degree of flexibility is required to adapt to a wide variety of tasks and functions;
- Ability to recruit and retain top talent
Dimensions and Working Conditions:
- Expected to operate with a high degree of autonomy on day-to-day issues, with matters of high complexity and sensitivity being referred to Executive Management as necessary.
- Role oversees 9 – 19 direct reports, depending on the Region.
- The incumbent works in a standard office environment, however there is a risk of exposure to hold-ups, extortion, etc.
- The position is primarily non-physical;
- Frequent contact with high profile clients and advisors;
- Frequent domestic travel within Region and to Toronto;
- Extended/non-standard hours are required.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- CAD Month
- Address 650 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery