Requisition ID: 94109
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
The Home Financing Lender Manager is responsible for growing residential mortgage business from a designated portfolio of Home Financing Advisors (HFA) as defined by objectives within a Balanced Scorecard (BSC), including:
- Financial Objectives; mortgage and secured line of credit product acquisition, customer acquisition, cross-sell, national financial plan met/exceeded)
- Operational Effectiveness: credit quality objectives, turn-around time, SLA adherence, compliance requirements, organized and efficient submissions of applications, etc.
- Customer: customer experience satisfaction (B2B, B2C and HFA and 3rd party stakeholders)
Within the HFS customer segmentation model (Achiever, Builder and Starter tiers of HFA’s, HFLMs will focus their attention on developing a portfolio of Achiever HFA’, providing them with high levels of service including underwriting and Condition Fulfillment activities.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Contribute to the effective processing and approval of mortgage applications submitted from HFAs by:
- Determining and obtaining all pertinent credit information such as proof of income, down payment confirmation etc., and conducting appropriate due diligence in order to meet the bank’s credit and quality standards, including anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing standards and maintain the bank’s desired reputation with the public and regulators;
- Accurately inputting data to computer underwriting program and determine a “pass”, “fail” or “further consideration” decision for each mortgage application;
- Within a designated discretionary limit for mortgage applications which are “passed” by the system, approve, decline, or present alternatives that meet Scotiabank’s Risk tolerance for mortgage transactions and recommend to a higher level those which are qualified for further review if the incumbent considers them to be credit worthy;
- Issuing and following-up on commitments;
- Obtaining Mortgage Insurer approval for insured loans;
- Ordering and reviewing appraisals for all conventional mortgages;
- Assembling, analyzing and ensuring receipt of all relevant information and documentation prior to onward submission of the file to the Mortgage Administration Department for timely instruction to solicitors
- With the assistance of statistical information provided by the supervisor or other areas of the bank, monitor mortgage borrower performance and take appropriate action to ensure that sub-standard performance is corrected or if it is not, take appropriate action to terminate the relationship with the HFA
- Monitor HFA activities and bring any activities which appear worthy of further investigation to the attention of appropriate bank officers (supervisor, Senior Mortgage security Specialist or S&I)
- Effectively communicating Bank lending policy and procedures , instilling a thorough knowledge of our lending requirements, and qualifying parameters.
- HFA Support:
- Manage and monitor ongoing relationships with the established portfolio of Home Financing Advisors including:
- Maintaining an appropriate level of regular contact with the established HFA portfolio
- Provide support tools to assist HFAs with their client interactions (product information, pricing and ways to counter objections and solidify deal)
- Developing knowledge of our products, policies and processes to improve the efficiency of each HFA relationship
- Tracking and monitoring performance for improvement of efficiency or managing appropriate action in the event that all efforts to improve fail, which may include recommendations to the Director HFLMs for movement of HFAs from HFLM support to regional underwriting centre (ACMUC).
- Interact with Senior Manager of Sales (SMS) and Regional Director (RD) for coaching and development purposes of HFAs, specific to deal quality and operational effectiveness.
- Ensure the delivery of a high standard of customer service and foster overall customer satisfaction that is consistent with the Scotiabank Service Standards and Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures by:
- Facilitating prompt turnaround times and ensuring accuracy, courtesy and knowledgeable service when dealing with HFAs
- Maintaining the confidentiality of Bank and customer information
- Being fully aware of and complying with Bank’s Privacy Code and Guidelines for Business Conduct
- Underwriting track-record with authority limits
- Extensive experience in real estate secured lending
- Knowledge of and experience in dealing with mortgages generated by HFA’s and the mortgage industry in general
- Expert knowledge of Bank mortgage products, and all the policies / procedures, relating to the credit adjudication and funding of the products
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills to deal with the demands of HFA’s and to be able to tactfully relay unpopular messages
- Sound organizational skills with ability to prioritize and give close attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of the pertinent Real Estate market, competitor innovations, trends and developments
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage related products (Mortgage Insurance / Insurance, other credit products, deposit products and etc.)
- Knowledge of Bank external marketing programs
- Knowledge of new construction and draw mortgage underwriting required
- University degree preferred
- French is an asset
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Dollard-des-ormeaux || Canada : Quebec : Gatineau || Canada : Quebec : Hull || Canada : Quebec : Laval || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Quebec
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Address 650 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery