Requisition ID: 274614
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Program is a paid program that gives university students the space to find purpose in their careers. We believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams, providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on impactful projects, purpose is born.
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp
• No more fetching coffee: Work on in-depth projects, emerging products and technologies that drive business results.
• Lifelong learning: Meet with mentors, make new friends, and attend learning sessions from diverse subject matter experts.
• Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do
• Position Title: SAP iXp Intern – Agile Developer & QA, Partner Technology Team
• Location: SAP Vancouver (please note that roles will be remote until local guidelines ensure safe office reopening)
• Expected start date to end date: May 3, 2021 – December 31, 2021
Who you are
The Partner Technology Team are looking for energetic and innovative Full Stack Developer Intern to help with our next generation of cloud-based, applications. We are looking for someone who is creative and resourceful in getting things to work, with an eye for quality and testability and interested in working collaboratively with other software developers and teams around the globe. Are you a passionate individual who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud and Enterprise Development? Join our diverse team and help us build better tools to manage SAP’s vast partner ecosystem!
Purpose & Objective of Position
SAP is ready to challenge your next work term with a role that combines development with testing on a global team in IT Services: The Partner Management team. We deliver tools & solutions that increase indirect revenue to SAP and provide a simplified user experience to our Partners. You will work on the development of web applications (both front-end and back-end) with responsibilities including feature development, testing & debugging, application support, and business interaction.
Expectations & Tasks
• Quick at learning new development languages and keen on learning how SAP applications work
• Develop and test application features, write test automation scripts, perform unit testing, and troubleshoot bugs
• Strong will to pursue a problem, identify the source, and propose possible solutions in collaboration with other team members
• Self-motivated and has the desire to learn new technologies, plus share the learnings
• Adaptable to new processes, tools, and working environment
• Detail oriented and able to follow documentation procedures
• Ability to perform thorough tests against the deliverables.
Skills / Competencies
• Strong programming skills in Java or other object-oriented languages
• Past work experience in software development.
• Understanding of software applications, software development lifecycle, and development methodologies (Agile/Scrum)
• Knowledge of SQL-based databases an asset.
• Flexibility to work with a global team in various time zones
• Clear and concise communication skills
• Familiarity with development tools such as Git and JIRA is a major asset
• Strong desire to interact with and learn from senior members of the team
Requires candidates to be currently enrolled in or recently completed an undergraduate program, which is applicable to the position.
This position currently (as of January 2021) involves working remotely within Canada. However, candidates must be able to come to the office (in Vancouver) once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
What you can expect from us
• An internship packed full of events to ensure you understand our technologies, our competitive landscape, our culture and our leadership philosophy
• Community of mentors and volunteer engagement teams to join and lead
• Collaborative open-concept work environment in the heart of Yaletown
• Games room, fitness classes, massage therapist, and 24/7 access to onsite gym
• Well-stocked snacks, coffee, teas, sodas and candy
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- Address 910 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery