Requisition ID: 267624
Work Area: Communication
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The Communications Specialist is responsible for providing top-notch internal and external communications for SAP Labs Canada. The successful candidate must have a breadth of experience in communications and a passion for connecting people with information in new and creative ways. You are an independent worker, but effective at collaborating with others and flexible to take on new and varied tasks. You’re excited about the opportunity to build relationships virtually because while the majority of your team is based in Vancouver, the bulk of your stakeholders are employees based in Waterloo.
EXPECTATION AND TASKS
- You are the main internal communications support for SAP Labs Ontario
- Work with the Managing Director’s office, Executive Leadership Team and employee engagement groups to deliver communications that focus on regular, consistent and engaging messaging for employees as well as advocating for the information needs of employees.
- Create compelling and effective graphic designs and marketing collateral, including posters, digital signage and event branding
- Channel your inner journalist to share great stories from SAP Labs Canada to share across Canada and around the world. Stories can be written or visual – we welcome your creativity!
- Compile a weekly newsletter
- Community Manager for SAP Labs Waterloo’s internal collaboration portal, called SAP Jam, and SAP Waterloo Slack channel
- Create engaging virtual events and communications
- Turn great news into social media shareables
- Support in running annual marquee events (e.g. all-hands meetings, executive visits, holiday party, summer party) including marketing materials, meeting content, coordination and speaker preparation
- Provide administrative support for Managing Director office as necessary: handling correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, calendar scheduling and coordinating meeting logistics, etc.
- Other communication/administration duties/projects as assigned.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- A great relationship builder, face-to-face, but especially virtually
- Excellent communication skills including:
- Fluent in both oral and written English
- Business writing skills aimed at employees
- Excited about graphic design and experience with Adobe Illustrator or similar. Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere experience is a strong asset
- Event coordination (online and in-person)
- Understands how to message across different lines of business and cultures
- Able to turn ideas and concepts into visually relevant and effective material
- Understands and can implement change management/communications initiatives
- Excellent Word and PowerPoint skills. Basic Excel skills
- Ability to interact with and influence others
- Welcoming of feedback and suggestions
- Must be able to keep confidences with private and/or confidential information
- Organized, detail-oriented and can manage time effectively with top-notch prioritization skills
- Videography, editing and production are definite assets
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in (or pursuit of) Communications, Marketing or equivalent
- This role is best for someone in their second co-op term, or beyond
- Past experience in the tech industry is an asset
- Willing to commit for an 8 month, full-time internship starting in January, 2021
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- CAD Month
- Address 910 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery