Requisition ID: 274609
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
About the SAP Internship Experience Program:
SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP:
1. Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
2. Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
3. Gain visibility: With Internship Experience Program in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team:
• With close to 58 million users worldwide, SAP Concur is the world’s leading travel and expense management software.
• SAP Concur Expense Engineering is a global engineering team with agile teams in 7+ locations around the globe.
• The Vancouver team’s focus is on Small and Medium Business customers. Keeping track of expenses is a top concern of small business, and our goal is to make this as quick to set up, administer, and try out as possible for the customer!
• We adopt an agile software development model and develop software as a micro-service and deliver at a frequent cadence to multiple data centers.
What you’ll do:
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern – Concur Spend Software Developer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Expected start date to end date: May 3, 2021 – Dec 31, 2021
In this role, you’ll:
• Gain technical, organizational and soft-skills.
• Have a mentor throughout your internship who is there to help you at work and give you career advice when you seek it.
• Drive, design, and develop new features by working with your agile team, product owner, user experience and quality engineering to elaborate on features, estimate task time, and then write high-quality code.
• Work in a scrum development project model, with a daily scrum meeting, and two-week sprints with refinement, sprint planning and demos.
• Participate actively in the gathering of requirement, design, and code reviews.
• Interact effectively with team members from diverse cultural backgrounds and working in different locations.
• Enjoy a strong technical environment where all members of the engineering team, including your development manager, are close to the code, and making technical contributions.
• Your work will help Concur Expense directly improve the experience of its largest and fastest growing set of customers- the small business!
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
Required experience and qualifications:
• Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a related technical field.
• The ability to solve technical computer problems by writing actual working code; this is very much a hands-on position.
• The ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
• Good people skills.
• Can commit to an 8-month full-time internship starting May 2021.
Desirable experience and qualifications:
• Evidence of excellence in some capacity (could be via personal projects, exceptional success in some endeavor, etc.)
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
• For all applications, we encourage you to upload a copy of your transcript alongside your resume.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- Address 910 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery