Requisition ID: 274615
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project is a paid program that gives university students the space to find purpose in their careers. We believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams, providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on impactful projects, purpose is born. Piqued your interest?
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp
• No more fetching coffee: Work on in-depth projects, emerging products and technologies that drive business results.
• Lifelong learning: Meet with mentors, make new friends, and attend learning sessions from diverse subject matter experts.
• Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do
• Position Title: SAP iXp Intern – Project Coordinator, Partner Technology Team
• Location: SAP Vancouver (please note that roles will be remote until local guidelines ensure safe office reopening)
• Expected start date to end date: May 3, 2021 – December 31, 2021
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
• Assist and lead activities to support all our Scrum teams, improving communication and ensuring action items are completed across Partner Technology
• Work closely with one of our Scrum teams, as a Scrum Master (In Training), facilitating meetings, eliminating roadblocks, and nurturing continuous improvement and growth in Agile maturity
• Lead staffing, onboarding, and personal development of Agile developer interns
• Lead ad-hoc projects from initiation to closure
• Lead in planning and executing IT driven events in Vancouver site
• Lead writing articles and blogs to showcase team success stories and updates
• Support global operations in budgeting, forecasting, and resource planning
• Assist in the planning and coordination of meetings, follow-up of action items and key issues
Skills / Competencies
• Excellent organization skills with a proactive mindset, ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Excellent communication skills in working with team members and managing stakeholder relations
• Rapidly adapt to changing circumstances and think outside the box
• Strong foundational knowledge and understanding of Agile Scrum
• Strong desire to interact with and learn from senior members of the team
• Flexibility in working with different time-zones
• Proven interest in technology through education, hobbies, self-projects, or other extracurriculars
• Prior experience or formal training in Project Management/Agile Scrum is a major asset
- Requires candidates to be currently enrolled in or recently completed an undergraduate program, which is applicable to the position.
- Remote Work
- This position currently (as of January 2021) involves working remotely within Canada. However, candidates must be able to come to the office (in Vancouver) once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
What you can expect from us
• An internship packed full of events to ensure you understand our technologies, our competitive landscape, our culture and our leadership philosophy
• Community of mentors and volunteer engagement teams to join and lead
• Collaborative open-concept work environment in the heart of Yaletown
• Games room, fitness classes, massage therapist, and 24/7 access to onsite gym
• Well-stocked snacks, coffee, teas, sodas and candy
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- Address 910 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, Canada