Requisition ID: 274506
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
About the SAP Internship Experience Program:
SAP’s Internship Experience Program (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp
- Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do:
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern, Software Test Developer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Expected start date to end date: May 3, 2021 – December 31, 2021 (please note that roles will be remote until local guidelines ensure safe office reopening)
PURPOSE & OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Our team (Pixel Perfect Reporting) works on BI Analytics SBOP and SAP Analytics Cloud products. We are responsible for developing new features as well as maintenance of already released versions in SAP Analytics Cloud and Crystal Reports for Enterprise.
Do you thrive in a team with strong engineers to learn from and where all members of the engineering team, including management are close to the code and making technical contributions? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Learn the Product and create, modify and execute manual test plans and test cases
- Experience developing and debugging test drivers using Java Programming language
- Continuous quality improvements in the assigned area
- Monitor and maintain daily automated tests in Jenkins
- Experience writing/debugging automated tests using Jasmine, Selenium or similar framework
Requires candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate or master’s program that is applicable to the position
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Windows and UNIX experience
- Solid understanding of OS concepts
- SQL and database experience (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, Sybase).
- Application Server knowledge (Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere).
- Distinctive ability to analyze abstract tasks and problems
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and communication skills
- Cooperative attitude, excellent team player
- Excellent organization skills ability to multi-task several projects and prioritize work
- Ability to understand the broader context of a customer issue in a complex environment
- Must be detail oriented and process oriented
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of Jenkins or similar code collaboration tool
- Can commit for an 8-month full time internship
Desired skills/experience to be successful in this role
- Strong experience with business intelligence / analytics would be an asset
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- Address 910 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, Canada