Requisition ID: 274559
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Program (iXp) is SAP’s global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp
- Culture of collaboration: Meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: Gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
At SAP, User Assistance teams are responsible for designing and developing all types of information that help our customers to deploy, administer, use, and develop software successfully. The Technology & Innovation Analytics User Assistance team provides user assistance assets for the SAP Analytics Cloud application. We specialize in user interface texts, embedded help, multi-media, and documentation targeted at a diverse range of customers — from business users and analysts to IT administrators and developers.
What you’ll do:
- Position Title: SAP iXp Intern – User Assistance Design & Development
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (please note that roles will be remote until local guidelines ensure safe office reopening)
- Expected start date to end date: May 3, 2021 – December 31, 2021
The internship includes:
- Technical communication – you will receive training in DITA XML and creating video tutorials. You will make updates to user interface texts, online Help, and product guides. Your responsibilities will include writing content in English, designing interactive images, and creating tutorials in collaboration with Product Managers and Developers.
- User Assistance research – you will contribute to one or more research projects, exploring and testing new user assistance innovation concepts.
LEARNING AND TUTORING
You will be supported by our team of User Assistance experts and a dedicated tutor. You will receive training in DITA, XML editing software, and multi-media tools. Any content you develop will reviewed by a senior technical writer who will give you feedback and guidance about writing best practices.
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Excellent level of English (written and spoken)
- Ability to analyze the learning needs of diverse user groups
- Visual/graphics skills (knowledge of Photoshop or Camtasia Studio is an advantage)
- Team player, who enjoys collaborating with others
Please include a task-oriented (step procedure) writing sample with your resume and cover letter that explains how to find the topic "Creating your first story" in the SAP Analytics Cloud Help. (Your first step can be telling the reader to open a web browser and go to help.sap.com)
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- Address 910 Mainland St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery