Requisition ID: 89370
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
ScotiaMcLeod is part of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) division of Scotiabank and a division of Scotia Capital Inc. ScotiaMcLeod offers full-service advice and a full spectrum of investment products and services through 750 advisors to over 150,000 households across Canada.
ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on our standards of excellence, quality service and a commitment to doing what’s right for our clients.
At ScotiaMcLeod, we pride ourselves on the strong team we have developed to support the Wealth Advisors. In addition to traditional administrative support, we also have a number of licensed roles to assist the advisors with their clients, with their individual marketing, and with the growth and development of their businesses. ScotiaMcLeod provides both internal training as well as financial assistance for external courses to support and encourage career path progression for our employees.
As part of Scotiabank, you will see the many benefits of working for an employer of choice – one that reflects the community and one that attracts and retains talent from diverse backgrounds. We encourage open communication, recognize and reward performance, and provide opportunity for growth. Here you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a “can-do” attitude.
Purpose of Job
The Branch Operations Assistant’s primary focus is to provide branch support to Management, Advisors, and Associates and to act as the first point of contact for clients arriving to the branch.
Ensures a High Level of Client Service by:
• Acting as a Receptionist for the branch.
• Answering branch phone lines and relaying messages.
• Greeting clients as they arrive and notifying the appropriate person of their arrival.
• Booking internal and external meetings.
• Looking after catering orders as required.
• Ensuring various branch listings are kept current.
Manage All Banking Functions by:
• Receiving cheques and certificates from clients.
• Issuing receipts to clients.
• Posting cheques and certificate deposits to client accounts.
• Submitting certificates to Head Office.
• Depositing cheques at the local Scotiabank branch.
• Maintaining a complete understanding of compliance requirements & regulations related to banking.
• Ensuring post-dated cheques are processed in a timely manner.
Manage All Non-Trade Functions by:
• Ensuring trade corrections and trailers are entered in a timely manner consistent with regulatory regulations.
• Entering all New Issue Tickets.
• Following up on outstanding New Issue tickets and escalating to management, as required.
Manage All Names and Address Functions by:
• Completing all non-online account management (OAM) functions including address changes and shareholder communications information.
• Managing account closures by ensuring accounts have no cash or security balances.
Manage the Efficiency of Branch Operations by:
• Maintaining the branch mail system by ensuring mail is opened in a secure area and is distributed in a timely manner.
• Maintaining the branch posting machine.
• Ensuring inter-office mail is collected and forwarded to Head Office.
• Ensuring all courier packages are picked up, delivered, and billed appropriately.
• Maintaining records about all prospectus distribution.
• Ensuring cost effective order of branch supplies.
• Maintaining the Branch House accounts.
Contribute to the Effective Functioning of the Branch Team by:
• Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business partners across the bank, including corporate functions.
• Maintaining a high-level of customer service.
• Contributing to a culture of open & honest communication.
• Actively participating and contributing to team meetings and other touch-points with team members.
• Encouraging the development of new ideas and approaches.
• Actively sharing knowledge and experience in order to enhance the development of all team members.
• Developing and executing meaningful employee development plans.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
Education and Other Requirements
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Takes initiative and effectively works independently.
• Strong ability to maintain deadlines.
• Knowledge of Microsoft suite of products: Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
• Banking background preferred.
• Post-Secondary Education.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
ScotiaMcLeod and Scotiabank are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
- CAD Month
- Address 650 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery