Closing Date: January 31, 2021
Reporting to the Agile Coach, the Scrum Master supports the team on their understanding of Agile principles while maximizing the value created by the Scrum Team.
The Scrum Master serves the:
- Product Owner by briging in empiricism for product delivery to deliver maximum value
- Team by encouraging their growth and development
- Organization by providing education on empirical product development and increase the application of agile practices across the orgaization
The individual utlizes, mentoring, facilitating, and coaching stances to best build the capabilities of the Scrum team, and organization at large.
The Scrum Master guides individuals, teams and the organization to be a better version of themselves day-after-day. They continually seek to improve and build highly effective teams.
The Scrum Master truly understands that “the only easy day was yesterday”
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop and coach high performing teams
- Form productive relationships with peers and peer groups within the organization
- Look for ways to strengthen teams understanding of Lean-Agile concepts and principles
- Ensure teams actions are aligned with the projects goals/vision
- Ensure Scrum and/or Kaban practices are used and improved within and across teams
- Use empiricism to maximize product value and bring transparency to the organization to build trust and strengthen relationships between the delivery group and business customers
- Identify trade-offs between short and long terms benefits to drive shared vision between the team and product owner
- Foster a continuous learning environment helping teams to inspect & adapt
- Expereince – Four or more years of relevant work experience with Agile and Scrum in any capacity. We are interested in how you approached problems and applied the Scrum framework.
- Lean-Agile practitioner – Knowledgeable about various Agile methodologies and experienced in coaching Scrum and Kanban teams
- Communication – Able to propagate information promttly, clearly, and unambiguously
- Teamness – Experiences in assessing how the team is doing and suggest necessary actions to improve while fostering teamwork. How do you support your team of superheroes?
- Compexity busting – Skilled in building relationships and navigating through organizational ambiguity to create a path to value for the team
- Positivity – Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around them
- Great Place to Work – We want to know how you maintain and build on efforts of sustaining a comfortable, effective and sage workplace while deligating your customers
Any of: CSM, PSM I or II, PMI-ACP, ICAGILE ICP-ACC
A bonus if you have any of: A-CSM, CSP-SM, PSM III, ICAgile ICE-AC, and/or Scrum Alliance Guide Level/ “Path to…” certifications.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contributions.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada