Closing Date: September 30, 2020
Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Solutions & Business Analytics, the Scrum Master supports the team on their understanding of Agile and deliver a product. It is the Scrum Master’s role to teach the team agile practices, facilitate Scrum ceremonies, remove impediments and shield them from external distractions. Scrum Master brings the Product Owner and the team together and helps them understand each other. This individual is also a personal coach for team members and an innovator who constantly seek continuous improvement and builds high performing teams.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Build and coach high performing teams
- Look for ways to strengthen teams understanding of Agile/Scrum concepts and principles
- Ensure teams actions are aligned with the projects goals/vision
- Ensure Scrum practices are used and improved within and across teams
- Bringing transparency to Business and IT organization about development and grow trust
- Identify trade-offs between short and long terms benefits to drive shared vision between the team and product owner
- Foster a continuous learning environment helping teams to inspect & adapt
- Four or more years of relevant work experience with Agile and Scrum
- Certified Scrum Practitioner (CPS) or Certified Scrum Coach (CSC) is an asset
- Knowledgeable about various Agile methodologies and experienced in coaching Scrum and Kanban teams.
- Data Governance or Analytics background
- Strong communication skills – Able to propagate information promptly, clearly, and unambiguously
- Team Leadership – Experiences in assessing how the team is doing and drive necessary actions to improve
- Able to develop and foster teamwork and facilitate team dynamics
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to coach and mentor
- Skilled in building relationships and navigating through organizations
- An ideal candidate will also have change management experience working with various business and technical stakeholders and coaching them. Assertive, with the confidence to be voice to be the voice of authority – not afraid to do what is best for the team
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around her/him
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- The position will be a 5-6 month contract position with potential for longer contract
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
- CAD Month
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery