Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eliminate racism and embed equity into our culture, processes, programs, and policies so that they reflect the lived experiences of all Canadians.
Join the Client Operations group, where we make delivering housing affordability solutions easy. You will assess portfolio insurance applications from lenders by providing business recommendations. You will also support and develop market intelligence, develops business options, contribute to development of risk criteria while continually ensuring that client needs are addressed throughout the process.
• Conduct all underwriting activities for Portfolio Insurance, including lender liaison, assessment, analysis, and development of premiums for pools of loans.
• Conduct insurance validation for loans to be securitized.
• Conduct quantitative and qualitative research and risk analysis, and provide recommendations to support the Portfolio product, its associated policies and strategies, processes and procedures.
• Provide analysis on specific issues and lead ad hoc projects.
• Represent CMHC at, and organize as required, meetings, committees, working groups and consultative bodies to communicate priorities and policy positions and to obtain input into specific CMHC policy proposals.
• Develop a variety of written documentation, presentations, and briefing materials in support of project work for internal and external stakeholders.
• Maintain quality relationships with clients to understand their needs and objectives and explore opportunities.
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Economics or Statistics.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in mortgage financing and/or real estate, housing and mortgage markets with knowledge of financial and risk assessment processes and procedures.
• Strong strategic and analytical thinking, research and problem solving skills. Ability to synthesize and conceptualize.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships. Bilingualism would be considered an asset.
• Advanced knowledge of analytical tools such as Microsoft Excel, SAS, R and/or Python.
• Experience in dealing with lenders at both an operational and executive level would be a strong asset.
Posting closing date: (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
This position offers the possibility to work from anywhere in Canada.
Job Requisition ID: 5260
Travel Requirement: Limited
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Halifax (NS); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC)
- Address 1111 West Georgia Street Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- Image Gallery