Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Join the Chief Risk Officer, where we enable each employee to embrace strategic risks within established limits. You will actively undertake or contribute to analysis related to monitoring of risks, data integrity, ensuring that processes and practices are compliant with CMHC’s policy expectations with respect to due diligence, for underwriting and default management activities.
This is a temporary position of a duration of 12 months.
- Reviewing files, aggregating file review results, and preparing results for the input into the preparation of a summary report for review by CMHC senior management; then participating in the monitoring of subsequent corrective action;
- Performing research of industry standards, changes to guidelines and regulations and changes both internally and externally impacting the Insurance business;
- Ensuring that the parameters of the reviews are adequately and sufficiently documented, and related working papers are adequately stored and protected;
- Assisting with the development of annual work plans;
- Monitoring and reporting on the ongoing underwriting and default management actions aimed at addressing any risk / compliance concerns arising from reviews and contributing to recommendations with respect to any additional actions that should be taken
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or Finance or a related field and a minimum of three (3) years of related experience in financial field;
- Demonstrated experience in the mortgage, finance or insurance industry;
- Demonstrated experience doing quantitative especially with Pivot Table in Excel;
- Ability to gather data from many sources, synthesize information, draw conclusions and make recommendations based on solid research;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills to manage several on-going projects at one time;
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled
CMHC values diverse backgrounds and experience and welcomes non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada to apply!
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 5265
Travel Requirement: Travel not required
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Halifax (NS); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC)
- Address 1111 West Georgia Street Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- Image Gallery