Requisition ID: 29106
Job Category: Engineering; Infrastructure
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Bridge Designer/Technician to join the Infrastructure group in our Highways & Bridges team in the Vancouver, B.C. location.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Working with project engineers and other project team members on design, tender, and construction deliverables for bridge projects;
- Create 3D models of bridge structures;
- Assist engineer to setup CAD model for run moving load analyses for the design and sizing of stringers (girders);
- Create nodes and joints to assist engineer for structural analyses (response spectrum analysis, push-over analysis and time history analysis) and prepare design calculations to include 2D and 3D analysis for bridge structures;
- Create sections and plan for structural analyses of and design retaining walls;
- Efficient in detailing of performance-based seismic design for bridges in seismic-prone regions.
- Efficient in detailing of seismic structural details for bridge structures;
- Efficient in detailing of miscellaneous structural bridge details such as impact on the bridge parapets, bearings, barriers, high-mast foundations;
- Develop bridge construction plans;
- Preparation of tender documentation, especially drawings and other such as reports, memorandum, specifications, spreadsheets, letters, etc.;
- Preparation of field review documentation –field review report, site visit, multi-disciplinary coordination etc.;
- Conducting quality check of drawings to satisfy project specific CAD requirements;
- Coordination of structural work with work of other disciplines;
- Use BIM and CAD software (e.g. AutoCAD, Civil3D, Revit) in course of work.
You bring to the role:
- Civil/structural engineering diploma or technician certificate from an accredited institution;
- 10+ years of proven consulting engineering experience;
- Experience as a civil-structural designer in the bridge/transportation sectors;
- Strong AutoCAD, Civil3D and Revit skills mandatory; experience on bridge projects would be considered a strong asset;
- Understanding of requirements of contract document package for construction including: drawings showing the requirements for construction of the design; specifications to define construction requirements; 3D model for drawing production and project handover;
- Strong communication, coordination and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively support and contribute to a positive team environment.
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment.
- Long term career development
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- CAD Month
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery