Requisition ID: 28901
Job Category: Engineering; Infrastructure
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Senior Bridge Engineer will be responsible for various technical leadership duties. You will be based in Vancouver, B.C. and involved on a range of small to large projects which are industry and public high profile. The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offer fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development. You will be required to work autonomously within a growing team carrying out bridge feasibility works, design, and assessment and strengthening depending upon project requirements.
- Carry out and manage all aspects of design including highways bridges and associated structures, including supervision of less experienced bridge team engineers;
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary design teams; provide leadership in the assessment and development of detailed designs for all bridge structures;
- Accurately prepare design and contract documents;
- Develop structural details and construction plans using MicroStation or AutoCAD;
- Analysis, evaluate appropriate design solutions and design of transportation structures including bridges, culverts, retaining walls and foundations;
- Prepare and review technical reports, tender documents and cost estimates;
- Be a role model and mentor to junior staff;
- Manage client and deliver quality service;
- Liaise with relevant agency /regulatory approval processes as pertaining to bridge engineering;
Be a self-starter, and able to in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Civil or Structural Engineering Degree from an accredited university;
- Professional Engineer with the P.Eng designation, with demonstrated experience in the area of structural design and bridge engineering with a recognized consulting engineering firm;
- 10+ years of experience in the design of bridges and highway structures design;
- Experience with the Canadian Highway Bridge Code or AASHTO;
- Experience in planning, preliminary design and detailed design of new bridges and rehabilitation of existing bridge; steel and concrete structures, bridge assessment, bridge load evaluation and culvert sizing;
- Experience with P3 projects and working with government agencies and knowledge of provincial Contract Preparation would be a great asset;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, industry standard bridge design and analysis software, and AutoCAD or MicroStation;
- Bridge condition surveys and construction phase structural liaison would be an asset;
- Demonstrated abilities to meet project deliverables and requirements;
- Work within project time frames and budget constraints;
- Work independently and interact well with other staff, and mentor junior staff;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a necessity;
- Works well with minimal direct supervision;
- Exercises independent judgment.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- CAD Month
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery