Requisition ID: 34584
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Civil Designer to join our Dynamic Earth Solutions group. This position is located in Mississauga, Ontario.
Our Dynamic Earth Solutions (DES) group forms an integrated core that provides clients with outstanding project execution through our geotechnical, hydrotechnical, and civil site development expertise. From concept to operation, we’re committed to providing traditional services alongside proprietary technologies and innovative thinking to deliver custom, cost-effective solutions. From studies, analysis, and design to construction supervision and monitoring, our DES group specializes in site planning, spatial information and digital terrain modelling, surface and subsurface investigations, rock mechanics, underground structures, geotechnical laboratory services, flood forecasting and water resource management.
In this role, working closely with the engineering design team, you will be to lead design phases and implement design standards on large mining infrastructure projects of high complexity and may provide specialty and technical guidance and mentoring to other technician/design staff to provide innovation while maintaining standards and procedures. You will model using InRoads and OpenRoads Designer, review engineering drawings and supporting documentation for details, accuracy and completeness. The position will support business development and delivery of studies and detailed design necessary for project execution. You will review and prepare models and drawings and work together with Engineers to develop design detail drawings and quantities and various supporting documents. You will also assist with advanced CAD and BIM technology development working with others and continuing Hatch's leadership with design.
- Uses knowledge of tools and drafting to complete assigned tasks including 2D and 3D model development, completing design changes, general arrangement drawing production, redlining, annotating and drafting using both CAD platforms Civil 3D and Inroads. Experience with OpenRoads is considered an advantage.
- Coordinates submittals for clients, governmental agencies, permitting agencies, etc. for reviews, approvals, and other milestones.
- Performs thorough quality control (QA/QC) of models and drawings for standards compliance, discipline coordination and ensures comments have been addressed by the responsible CAD Technician staff.
- Performs thorough quality control (QA/QC) of construction documents and provides design ideas and solutions.
- Performs complex design tasks on projects with understanding of multidisciplinary environment not expecting to be fed information, but rather contacting team members from other disciplines for necessary inputs
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of project requirements, including budget, quality requirements, and complete project submittal.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Ability to work with other disciplines’ professionals on large complex projects.
- Ability to lead midsize to large design production teams in a working-remotely environment.
- Working knowledge of software programs including Autodesk and Bentley products including but not limited to Infraworks, Microstation, ConceptStation and ProjectWise.
- Ability to work with point clouds to model existing facilities and features.
- Working knowledge of basic engineering calculations.
- Previous experience with civil mining infrastructure, including earthworks, stormwater management, road design and wastewater collection systems.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines.
Interested in being part of pursuing and developing new technologies, unlocking constraints, and bringing more value to our clients’ operations? Join our team today!
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- CAD Month
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery