Requisition ID: 94045
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Be part of a team that has decades of experience advising and providing customized financial solutions…..
Contributes to the overall success of the Commercial Bank in Canada, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives while also ensuring all activities are conducted in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Sr. Client Service Associate (Sr. CSA) provides the Director and Group Lead with support needed to service client requirements and new asks. This will include coordinating efforts with internal partners and directly reaching out to clients to address various activities such as collection/processing of financial reporting, due diligence for credit needs, satisfaction of funding requirements and onboarding needs.
- Is this role right for you?
- For you to champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- The ability to work closely with the Associate Group Lead and/or Director and Group Lead and be responsible for providing the following services to a portfolio of existing and prospective clients.
- A strong commitment to excellent client service and ability to work with clients to resolve issues in an amicable and prompt manner.
- You are known for having strong organizational skills to co-ordinate and prioritize a number of concurrent requests from different Relationship Managers.
- Strong interpersonal skills to obtain agreements within Commercial Banking and partners.
- Strong written and verbal skills with proven ability to engage stakeholders and clients.
- Strong knowledge of Financial Statements and credit analysis.
- Strong knowledge of credit structures and applicable risk management.
- Good knowledge of the Commercial Banking Distribution structure as well as roles of other groups within Commercial Banking (Roynat, Real Estate, Leasing, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel).
- A high degree of flexibility to adapt to a wide variety of tasks.
- Strong commitment to accuracy, customer focus and results focus.
- Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if:
- University degree with Finance, Accounting or Other Business Specialty background, or equivalent work experience.
- Have the experience of supporting the collection of information directly from clients and from various sources necessary to assess the client’s risk profile in order to ensure the Bank meets its regulatory requirements related to KYC, AML, etc. This includes contacting clients, sourcing internal/external sources/web sites, documenting information in Know Your Client documentation in various formats such as the Client Profile Information documents and responding to various internal Compliance groups.
- Experience in helping resolve service-related matters raised by the client directly to the Director and Group Leads.
- Strong credit background with experience in contacting clients for financial reporting and spread Financial Statements, Projections and Borrowing bases, review results, escalate any signs of deterioration and update appropriate systems; commence preparation of Credit Presentations; assist with completion of conditions precedent, diligence and any other requirements necessary to obtain approvals and ensure client files are complete and appropriately documented in various systems.
- Held roles that include general support as necessary in the annual review process and other credit related situations needed to maintain portfolio quality.
- What’s in it for you?
- This is your opportunity to be responsible for supporting approximately two to three Senior Client Relationship Manager(s) in the Commercial Banking Distribution arena.
- For you to show off your strong organizational skills to manage significant data from multiple sources and balance various tasks from client service administration to borrower reporting processing to credit related support.
- Be able to typically receive and work on requests from the Director(s) or members of the Credit Execution team but may also, at times, be requested to support Directors and Group Lead(s) throughout the Commercial Banking groups.
- To be able to interact with the following partners: Global Risk Management, the Business Service Center, Corporate Security, Syndication Team and Global Banking and Markets, but could include other partners as well as the Commercial Banking Executive Office. You would also interact with external parties such as Solicitors, Accountants, Professional Service Providers and various External Bank various Groups including Syndication
- If you thrive in an environment that is fast paced and demanding and will at times require priorities be re-adjusted to accommodate urgent requests this is the job for you!
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities – for you and our customers
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking organization surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Travel within the assigned territory is required.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Address 650 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery