Requisition ID: 33521
Job Category: Construction; Engineering; Mining
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team in Vancouver.
This role is part of our Project Delivery Group, which helps clients reach their business goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure world-class project delivery through the skills of our people, methodologies, governance, and systems.
In this role, you will be responsible for preparing engineering calculations, technical specifications, data sheets and reports, and assist/participate with on-site commissioning.
- Assist (or lead) project groups of Control, Automation and Electrical (CA&E) engineers and designers to deliver projects as they relate to scope, cost and schedule, reporting to the project manager, office engineering manager and CA&E group lead.
- Prepare technical documentation required for the execution of projects, including but not limited to general layout drawings, design criteria, design calculations, preliminary studies, value engineering studies, P&ID’s, standard specifications, standard detail drawings, construction and/or fabrication drawings, equipment lists, technical specifications, as-built documentation and data sheets.
- Manage and coordinate with the project manager and CA&E Lead the progress of the engineering work in accordance with the project scope, schedule and procedures.
- Review shop drawings to ensure conformity with engineering designs.
- Following the award of contracts and purchase orders
as instructed, monitor the fabrication and construction work to ensure that it is executed in accordance with the engineering designs.
- Witness Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT).
- Assist the Control, Automation and Electrical Lead Engineer to measure, on a monthly basis, the progress of the engineering work packages to ensure that project budgets and schedules are being met.
- Assist the Lead/Senior Electrical Engineers in reviewing the outcome of quality audits of engineering work and perform remedial work in accordance with the project procedures and the quality assurance plan.
- Assist the Lead/Senior Electrical Engineers in ensuring that the checking of documentation and interdisciplinary coordination is implemented in accordance with project procedures.
- Assist the Control, Automation and Electrical Lead Engineer in the preparation of draft monthly engineering progress reports for incorporation into the engineering monthly report.
- Assist in site commissioning on site as required.
- BSc/B. Eng degree in electrical engineering, with 10-15 years of project engineering experience preferably in Mining / Mineral Processing and Water Power Projects or equivalent.
- Currently registered as a professional engineer with EGBC / APEGS
- Recent experience in the potash and uranium industry in Saskatchewan is an asset
- Experience in electrical design/consultancy ideally within a similar large engineering or multi-disciplinary project environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision.
- Expert understanding of design engineering codes and technical standards for Canadian Projects and familiarity with like standards for other regions globally.
- Good safety awareness.
- Wiliness to travel to support projects as the needs arise
- Sound knowledge of 3D data-centric design systems.
- Knowledge and experience with data-centric design systems, e.g. Smart Plant Electrical, Smart Plant Instrumentation.
- Recent AutoCAD and MicroStation experience. Experience in Electrical Simulation Software (ETAP, EDSA, EASYPOWER)
- Ability to delegate tasks and effectively supervise others.
- Experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- CAD Month
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery