Requisition ID: 30683
Job Category: Environmental
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The Hatch Environmental Services Group (ESG) undertakes studies and delivers environmental services in the areas of Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIAs), planning, permitting, construction management, community engagement, sustainability/corporate social responsibility, climate change and related project delivery services. Our wealth of engineering, environmental, procurement and construction management experience and our global footprint is highly differentiated in the growing environmental services market.
We are currently seeking a Senior Fisheries Biologist who is an experienced technical expert, project manager, or regulatory specialist to join the ESG team in our Vancouver office. Other locations in Western Canada may be considered.
This person will have incorporated a knowledge of fisheries and aquatic technical expertise, provincial and federal regulatory processes with excellent project management skills, along with strong client relationships and proven business development skills. The person who accepts this role will be highly organized, with attention to detail, quality and project delivery, and is able to leverage their network of contacts. This role will support national and global opportunities in support of ESIAs, environmental management and permitting programs. The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Lead and grow the fisheries and aquatic discipline for Western North America as part of our existing environmental consulting practice in the areas of ESIAs and permitting.
- Experience with successfully leading the preparation and negotiation of BC Water Sustainability Act applications, Canadian Navigable Waters Act applications, DFO Authorizations and off-setting strategies.
- Identify and develop ESG related business opportunities with clients and companies working in the mining, energy and infrastructure sectors.
- Provide leadership, technical direction, peer review and advice within our existing environmental consulting practice focusing on fisheries and aquatics.
- Strong Project Management skills, coordination of key environmental and client deliverables.
- Participate in resource planning, mentorship and advisory leadership to project teams.
- Work collaboratively with integrated, multidisciplinary teams, liaising with and supporting global peers.
- Recruit and develop Hatch’s next generation of environmental leaders.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary Education in aquatic environmental sciences, aquatic biology and/or a related discipline.
- Preference may be given to a graduate degree in a related discipline.
- Registered Professional Biologist (R.P.Bio.) in BC, or eligibility for registration.
- A minimum of 10-year experience in fisheries and aquatic fieldwork, study design, permitting and regulatory approvals activities on major mining, infrastructure or energy projects.
- In-depth understanding of fisheries and aquatic ESIA, permitting and approvals and regulatory requirements across Canada and within provinces and territories.
- Demonstrated business development and client engagement experience.
- Ability to lead, mentor and inspire environmental teams, collaborate with peers and integrate with engineering teams.
- Experience working on major EPCM projects.
- Willingness for domestic travel as work requires.
- Entrepreneurial with a technical soul.
- Effective, open communication and presentation style with the ability to plan and deliver best in class, high quality deliverables.
- Ability to be flexible, learn and perform challenging tasks outside their area of skills and experience.
- International experience is considered an asset.
- A recognized fisheries and aquatic expert, who is looking to take the next step in their career development.
The rapidly growing ESG team in Hatch provides an excellent career opportunity for someone with extensive experience in the environmental consulting community. We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- CAD Month
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery