Requisition ID: 27681
Job Category: Engineering; Infrastructure
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Highway Design Engineer to join the Infrastructure group in our Highways & Bridges team in the Vancouver, B.C. location.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Leading the design team in achieving design objective
- Responsibility for budget and schedule for assigned projects.
- Developing conceptual, preliminary and detailed design of road and highway, including plan and grading design
- Developing Conceptual, preliminary and detailed design for interchanges and intersections;
- Developing conceptual, preliminary and detailed design of municipal infrastructure;
- Delivering design drawings in accordance with design standard;
- Able to interpret survey data and support field survey;
- Co-ordinate with project managers and discipline engineers and ensures consistency in execution of project management activities to assure that client's work is completed on time, on budget and within the quality standards of the firm;
- Prepare and update technical reports and specifications;
- Participate in the preparation of material quantities and cost estimates;
- Ability to work as part of a growing team;
- Providing assistance during the tender phase and recommending project awards;
- Providing engineering support during construction.
You bring to the role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Registered as a P.Eng.;
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in design of roadway, highway or municipal infrastructure;
- Experience in Civil 3D is a must, other design software experiences such as Bentley design packages are desired but not required.
- Experience in Civil 3D pile network is desired;
- Technical experience in the planning and design of urban roads and infrastructure;
- Proficient and working knowledge of design and data management software including civil 3D, and AutoCAD;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills in complex and changing environments;
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good working relationships with clients and project teams;
- Familiar with municipal road standard and highway design standard such as TAC and MoTI.
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think locally, work globally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- CAD Month
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery