Requisition ID: 32983
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
The Layout Lead focuses on the development of a functional plant arrangement. The layout lead provides input to engineering management, engineering leads and senior designers, and is responsible for:
• All activities related to the physical arrangement project assets (equipment, maintenance, buildings, space, commodities, roads, rail, utilities etc.) within the boundary of the project
• Coordination of all changes affecting the layout with each functional group.
• Understand the owner/user requirements and the project mission
• Support the project kickoff meetings and site visits as required
• Assist in interpreting the plant PFDs, P&IDs and plant battery limits and constraints
• Assist with the development of the Engineering Work Packages (EWPs) for all activities specific to layout and general arrangement development
• Assist with the man hour budgets for all deliverables and time related activities related to the layout group
• Provides input to the deliverables list for the work to be performed by the design team (plot plan, general arrangements, models, studies, etc.)
• Assist with the preparation and issue of the project-specific layout design criteria (if required)
• Coordinate with client representatives in all matters related to layout of the plant
• Responsible for development of the facility layouts within the plant to the point where each functional group can effectively begin their design
• Review, coordinate and obtain approval for all layout changes
• Ensure continuous coordination between the functional groups as design develops that affects the layout of the assigned plant
• Resolve clashes where the clash will impact the layout
• Prioritize allocation of space
• Participate in client and internal project meetings
• Assign work (via signed off EWPs) to layout designers and continuously monitor progress and quality of general arrangements
• Review, check and approve all facility layouts and general arrangements to ensure conformity to the project specific layout design criteria
• Monitor design progress and develop corrective actions if required
• Participate in and assist with the conduct of project reviews such as reviews for constructability, operability maintainability, HAZOP etc.
• Assist with development and monitoring of budgets and schedules
• Provide a safe, clean and maintainable plant layout
• Where needed, design plant layout to meet the project modularization and pre-assembly requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 10 years layout experience on major multi-discipline projects, for the project type
• Minimum three years layout experience on the type of facility being designed
• Good understanding of maintainability, constructability, safety and operating issues related to the equipment
• Good understanding of interdisciplinary dependencies in a project environment
• Strong ability to analyze consequences of layout changes and prioritize best solutions as design progresses
• Good organizational skills and ability to manage individuals to attain quality, cost and schedule objectives
• Strong leadership and coordination skills
• Well developed communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• A high degree of understanding of construction methodologies
• A high degree of understanding of commissioning methodologies
• Extensive experience and understanding in the use of procedures and workflow in the execution of projects
• Reasonable experience and understanding in the application of design systems for the discipline that support a 3D data centric design environment.
• Engineering degree or equivalent.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
- CAD Month
- Address 1066 W Hastings St Suite 400, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery