Why you should work with us
At BCLC, we believe that our people are what makes us amazing so we are committed to our people. We have a culture of fun and hard work – it’s not unusual to see teams eating together at lunch in the cafeteria or heading outside for a walking meeting. We continue to have a highly engaged team and we’ve been named one of BC’s Top 50 Employers for over 10 years. Here are a few reasons why it’s great to be part of the team:
- Flexible work hours
- Robust wellness program with subsidized onsite yoga, bootcamp, running club and more
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family
- Defined Benefit Pension Program
- Leadership and professional development programs
Why our Vancouver office is so awesome
Vancouver has been regularly voted one of the top cities to live in the world with one of the mildest climates of any city in Canada. It is home to our Marketing and Sales Office and features:
- A subsidized cafeteria with healthy and delicious food choices
- Easy access to transit, including the Sky Train
- Secure bike facilities and easy access off the Central Valley Greenway
The Senior Social Media Specialist is responsible for ensuring alignment and execution between BCLC’s goals/objectives and its social strategies that focus on P360. They ensure that projects are executed with an OneBCLC lens; strategies are developed with an enterprise approach, and communications via BCLC social channels have a succinct communication flow, positioning BCLC as a cohesive brand to increase consumer awareness. This role requires a deep understanding of marketing, communication, advertising, and data analysis.
• Develops and executes social media strategies for various stakeholders to support objectives, maximizing BCLC’s social media presence across a variety of social media platforms. Navigates complex situations to put forward recommendations and plans that support BCLC’s P360 goals and objectives and align with stakeholder expectations.
• Under the direction of the Social Media Manager, the Senior Specialist works with cross functional teams to draft processes and procedures which enable P360 – driving BCLC towards 100% known players.
• In agile teams, the senior specialist will serve as Program Owner and will be responsible for- managing scope, cost, quality, personnel, stakeholder communication and project prioritization.
• Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders, including the Media and Issues Management team to ensure alignment of messaging across all channels and proactively contributes social insights around community sentiment, engagement and public perception to help drive activities to further BCLC’s reputation.
• Executes crisis management processes for the social media team, set out by the manager. Working closely with the Media and Issues management team aligns on messaging and responses in BCLC social media channels.
• Responsible for social communities budgeting, content planning, content development, scheduling, posting, monitoring, and listening. Identifies opportunities to improve social media activity across the organization
• Uses strategic advice and direction from key internal stakeholders in order to ensure alignment with the corporation’s approach to specific issues, and leverages this relationship to ensure the Enterprise Social Media team has a shared understanding of media, public and government relations matters.
• Develops reporting and provides insights based on the goals and objectives established by Social Media Manager. Proactively and regularly, communicates results to key stakeholders. Actively tests and analyzes social media initiatives to maximize performance, community engagement, brand reputation and ensure the success of social media activity.
• Provides input on annual operating budgets business units’ social media activity, identifying appropriate investment for content creation and for content amplification.
• Develops relationships with internal and external stakeholders and regulatory bodies to ensure successful execution of social media and content marketing initiatives.
• Fosters a creative, innovative, and results-oriented environment, implementing best practices and staying on top of industry trends and emerging techniques. Provides support and guidance for the social media specialists and department co-op.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
• A university degree in a related discipline such as communications, journalism or marketing.
• 4-6 years related experience;
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Proven results and demonstrated expertise in social media and marketing;
• Proficiency in the principles, concepts, practices, techniques and tools in the areas of
Communications, public relations, media relations, issues management, and program management;
• Sound judgement, the ability to navigate challenging situations, and expertise in providing solutions to complex and sensitive issues;
• Superior written and oral communication skills;
• Proactive, responsive, and solutions-oriented, able to handle a wide variety of sensitive and complex situations, while supporting others;
• Proven leadership, teamwork, collaboration and interpersonal skills;
• Understanding of agile methodologies and processes
• Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills;
• Proficiency with social media and web analytics tools (i.e. Social Studio, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics, and Synthesio);
• Understanding of Digital Marketing, SEO, CRM and Customer Support Center capabilities and activities
• Skilled and proficient in Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere Pro (or Final Cut Pro);
• Understanding of government, crown corporation environments, and the B.C. and Canadian gaming industry is an asset.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
- Address 74 Seymour St W, Kamloops, BC, Canada