The Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) owns Amazon’s global inventory planning and fulfillment systems. SCOT decides what, when, who, where, and how much inventory to buy in order to meet customer needs as well as Amazon’s business goals. SCOT optimizes transportation and fulfillment plans to help our Customers get what they need, as fast as possible. We do this for millions of items, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory world-wide. See this short video for more info: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot.
Fulfillment Availability Team is part of SCOT and we own several core systems that are at the foundation of Amazon’s fulfillment pipeline and supply chain. We track inventory signals globally, in real time, and provide transactionally precise data on top of robust and asynchronous systems. We define the complex graphs, constraints, and rules that define the Amazon fulfillment network and how things move through. We enable fulfillment of anything everywhere.
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager in Fulfillment Availability Team, you will have the opportunity to own major deliverables that impact millions of customers, while working closely with experienced engineers and teams to execute on them. You will be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment. You will work closely with business and operations teams, including executive leadership at Amazon, to define the product and provide updates on the program. You will be responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus.
At the heart of this role is delivery. You will be hands-on in driving the delivery of critical business initiatives, managing all aspects of the project such as project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation planning.
This position is located in Vancouver, Canada.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of experience in planning, delivering results on complex technical products or services
· Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders
· A deep understanding of agile software development processes, project planning and execution across multiple teams, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Prior experience in a technical role, such as software development
· Maturity, judgment, and proven ability to lead and influence others
· Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· Experience optimizing for short term execution while planning for long term technical capabilities. Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly
· Strong business and technical vision
- Address 510 W Georgia St, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 0M3, Canada