Start Date: January 2021
Duration: 8 – 12 months
Why consider Teck Resources Ltd. for your co-op Placement?
Teck Resources Ltd. is Canada’s largest diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with business units focused on steelmaking coal, copper, zinc, and energy. Teck hires more than 150 co-op students each year to work at our various Canadian operations.
We have received several awards and recognitions that are worth noting. In 2018 and 2019 Teck was selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, as well as one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations. Teck has also ranked on the Corporate Knights Best 50 for 12 straight years based on our dedication to environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
Ideas at Work – Innovate with Teck
Digital technologies are transforming our industry and contributing to improvements in every step of the mining process. We enhance our productivity, safety, sustainability, and growth by putting smarter ideas to work and creating advancements in our technology and practices. At Teck, we don’t just embrace ideas, we employ them. Teck fosters a culture where employees are encouraged to bring ideas forward, test innovative approaches, and implement technologies that help make us a better company.
Professional benefits of working as a co-op with Teck Resources Ltd:
- Our values guide every decision we make as a company and as individual employees. In everything we do, Teck is led by our values of safety, sustainability, integrity, respect, excellence, and courage
- A co-op with Teck will offer you the opportunity to work on challenging projects alongside a team of professionals who are experts in their respective fields. You will experience a combination of projects in the field and office
- Teck offers a competitive salary for our co-ops as well as assistance with travel costs and co-op fees
- Make an impression! Successful co-ops with Teck are given first consideration for professional positions upon graduation
Successful candidates will have the following qualifications and responsibilities:
- Working towards an Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering degree or equivalent
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Use agile practices and a variety of software development technologies to assist validation of solutions that deliver a great end-user experience
- Collaborate with other agile team members to validate user stories, design tests for prototypes and products, and continuously deliver product enhancements
- Ensure the team’s code follows the most up-to-date coding practices and industry standards to advance quality, maintainability, performance, and security
- Collaboratively challenge conventions and ideas to help the team avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Skills in Python and/or Node.js
- Experience with web frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue
- Infrastructure knowledge including RESTful API frameworks (Flask, Express.Js)
- Understanding of TDD and unit and functional/acceptance test frameworks and automation technologies, such as unittest, py.test, Mocha, Jest, Selenium
- Experience developing applications in a cloud-based environment
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- Keen collaborator and clear communicator
- Passionate about the impact of emerging technologies and learning new skills and ideas
- Self-starter who embraces a culture of transparency and trust, and thrives in an environment of rapid change and growth
All students may be required to complete pre-employment drug testing prior to commencing work.
Our employees are versatile, flexible, and well equipped to handle each project with confidence. At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
At Teck, we have a variety of flexible schedules that can offer you work life balance.
Teck also offers the chance to live and work in some of the world’s most amazing locations where year-round local attractions and recreational choices are unlimited for the outdoor enthusiast. The area has world-class mountain biking, skiing, hiking, and fly fishing all at your doorstep.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
- CAD Month
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery