Sector: People and Strategy
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $76087.66 to $95109.58
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Corporate Strategy Development team in our Office of the SVP, People and Strategy sector. This sector has the focus, the people and the voice to achieve our aspiration.
About the role
The Corporate Strategy Development team at CMHC provides strategic planning, performance measurement, project management, change management, governance, and strategy development and execution leadership to internal stakeholders. In this Specialist role, you will lead large and complex short- and long-term initiatives that support the overall corporate strategy and performance measurement. The ideal candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills, strong collaboration and coordination skills, and experience in strategy and performance measurement.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Organizational Behaviour, or a relevant combination of education and experience.
• Sound knowledge and minimum 5 years experience in strategic corporate planning, strategy development and execution, and performance measurement including related methodologies and standards (e.g., PuMP™).
• Strong strategic thinker and the ability to translate vision and goals into an overall approach, results and tactical implementation plans.
• Extensive experience in planning, organizing, coordinating, managing and executing projects/initiatives end to end.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to develop successful relationships applying tact and diplomacy in influencing and persuading stakeholders.
• Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to provide different perspectives on data and complex problems.
• Performance measurement certification (e.g., PuMP)
• Change Management certification (Prosci)
• Reporting and analysis experience (Excel and Power BI)
• Bilingualism (English and French)
What you will be doing
• Lead preparation of the annual Corporate Plan.
• Lead quarterly Corporate Performance Reporting process.
• Develop presentations, reports, speaking notes, briefing notes and other key documentation for management, governance committees, the Board of Directors, and external stakeholders. Provide a different perspective on data to identify gaps and enable decision-making.
• Lead the enterprise-wide strategic planning and performance measurement process.
• Support organizational capability through the development of tools and resources that support strategic alignment and execution, and performance measurement.
• Provide subject matter expertise on strategic planning, performance measurement, and governance.
• Define efficiencies to processes and procedures relative to the internal functioning of the team.
• Build relationships, gain trust as a business partner with internal stakeholders to effectively influence and collaborate to deliver impactful results.
• Deepen business knowledge through research, discussion and analysis, and ensure proper transfer of knowledge in the areas of strategy development and execution.
• Play the challenge function role on whether the data provided by internal clients is substantive, relevant and complete.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID: 5055
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Charlottetown (PE); Edmonton (AB); Halifax (NS); Moncton (NB); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Quebec (QC); Saskatoon (SK); St. John’s (NL); Thunder Bay (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC); Winnipeg (MB); Yellowknife (NT)
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Limited
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada’s official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- CAD Month
- Address 1111 West Georgia Street Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- Image Gallery