Closing Date: January 26, 2021
Want to make a difference? Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is transforming mining for the future.
Find out more about RACE21™ on our website!
Reporting to the RACE21™ Manager of Value Delivery, Base Metals, the Specialist, Digital Analytics Deployment, Base Metals is responsible for collaborating with our digital team to deliver advanced analytics and other digital solutions to operational teams across our company.
To be successful in this role we are looking for somene with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Someone who is a motivated self starter, organized, and able to prioritize contending demands. You must also have the ability to quickly learn sophisticated domains, such as advanced analytics or processing, although ideally you will bring experience in these areas.
This is an exciting and dynamic role acting as the interface between RACE21™ digital teams and our operational end users. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies being used in this industry for the first time.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Coordinate product owners, designers, developers, and data scientists to engage operational front line users to craft product features, ensuring solutions will solve a valuable business problem
- Translate end user feedback, during product development cycles, to ensure products meet business objectives and will be adopted by end users
- Cultivate collaboration between operations and digital product teams to define how success will be measured, and track performance of the solution
- Coordinate a comprehensive approach to deployment, identify changes, and lead implementation to ensure adoption of solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Sciences, Applied Sciences (Engineering), or equivalent
- Subject matter expertise or operational experience in a resource extraction domain, including mine engineering, ore quality or processing and/or;
- Experience working on operational continuous improvement teams
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada