Closing Date: August 10, 2020
Want to make a difference? We are embarking on a technological journey that will change mining forever! Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is modernizing mining for the future.
Reporting to the Manager, Value Delivery, the Value Delivery, Deployment Specialist is responsible for acting as the interface between digital teams and operational end users.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Coordinate product owners, designers, developers, and data scientists to engage operational partners and front line users to craft and refine product features, ensuring solutions will solve a valuable business problem
- Facilitate decision making on which digital tools to prioritize, analyzing critical metrics, financial impact and organizational change challenges to achieving and sustaining full value
- Facilitate communication of requirements and feedback between end users and the digital teams who build the tools
- Coordinate the deployment of digital tools in partnership with operations including organizational change, value recognition, and long term sustainability
- Partner with operational continuous improvement teams to define and drive an implementation plan, and measure progress against key achievements and targets
- Coordinate a comprehensive approach to deployment, identifying impacts on site management decision-making, roles and responsibilities, and workflows
- Lead implementation of plans to ensure ongoing use of products in day-to-day operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Sciences, Applied Sciences (Engineering) or equivalent is required, Master’s degree is a plus
- Previous experience in data science, data engineering, or software engineering within the resource industry would be an asset
- Subject matter expertise in a relevant resource extraction domain such as processing, mining, maintenance, exploration, or integrated operations would be an asset
- Experience working collaboratively with operational continuous improvement teams would be an asset
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity and constantly evolving environments
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
- CAD Month
- Address 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery