Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BBB
Salary Range: $76087.66 to $95109.58
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Procurement team in our Office of the Chief Financial Officer sector. This sector use financial foresight and legal insight to improve housing affordability.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. The position will oversee and assist with the implementation and administration of enterprise-wide vendor management program; ensuring processes are effective in managing risks related to third-party relationships in a manner that is consistent with strategic goals, organizational objectives, and risk appetite. This will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in a related field such as business, finance, economics or risk management. Professional designation in CRM is an asset.
• Minimum of five years experience in risk management. Experience with vendor management would be considered an asset.
• Demonstrated knowledge of risk management, quality assurance and oversight.
• Sound judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills (tact, judgment, diplomacy, professionalism, and political sensitivity).
• Superior oral and written communication skills in both official languages.
• Demonstrated experience in project management and strong presentation skills.
What you will be doing
• Establish and communicate program governance, including vendor/third-party policies, standards, procedures, and reporting.
• Oversee and manage risks associated with conducting business with third-party vendors.
• Develop third-party risk identification, assessment and monitoring plans and protocols to sustain transparency into third-party residual risks for the entire vendor management process from procurement to renewal/termination.
• Provide leadership in the standardization of vendor management processes, such as procurement, contracting and due diligence, as well as defining a consistent program for ongoing vendor relationship management.
• Develop program metrics and provide regular reporting on overall performance, including analysis of key risks and trends, issues management, and vendor performance.
• Manage short and long-term program strategies and support model, including outsourcing decisions, agreements, vendor selection and continuous improvements of vendor management processes.
• Perform research and analysis on issues related to regulatory compliance, including identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk on an ongoing basis; and provide risk and compliance advice as a subject matter expert.
• Ensure appropriate risk awareness, risk and control identification and monitoring by working closely with various internal stakeholders (e.g., Legal, Risk Management and other oversight/monitoring groups).
• Support and guide the development, implementation, and enhancement of compliant policies and procedures on an on-going basis including the development, coordination, and implementation of compliance-related audit work by internal or external sources.
• Manage the vendor management program, including performing vendor due diligence on new and existing vendors, facilitating the assessment of vendor performance, mitigating risk associated with vendor management throughout each vendor’s life cycle, and managing all appropriate vendor information.
• Responsible for compliance-related Risk Assessments, Compliance Alerts, and similar documents to assess risks posed by operations; support the Team Leader in Procurement in presenting material risks identified to senior management.
• Provide guidance on risk and control matters, including remediation actions to address issues and make recommendations for improvements to management.
• Identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement where CMHC is at risk and recommend actions to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
• Provide guidance and/or direction to analysts and staff regarding quality control and risk management improvements to enhance business operations.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID: 5118
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Charlottetown (PE); Edmonton (AB); Halifax (NS); Moncton (NB); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Quebec (QC); Saskatoon (SK); St. John’s (NL); Thunder Bay (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC); Winnipeg (MB); Yellowknife (NT)
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Limited
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada’s official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- CAD Month
- Address 1111 West Georgia Street Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- Image Gallery