Sector: People and Strategy
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $76087.66 to $95109.58
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Media and Digital Engagement team in the Communications and Marketing Division, Office of the SVP, People and Strategy sector.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation, and partnerships. Your expertise in developing engaging content and in digital marketing techniques will help us plan and deliver social media as part of CMHC’s online presence to drive program and brand awareness.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in a related field such as marketing, public relations, communications, business administration or journalism.
• Minimum of five years of social media experience, with demonstrated track record in managing both paid and organic presences and growing social media for company brands.
• In-depth knowledge of latest digital marketing trends, practices and techniques.
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects concurrently.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in both official languages, including the ability to speak and write clearly, succinctly and persuasively for a variety of audiences.
• Experience in livestreaming and conducting two-way engagement activities.
• Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing, along with an understanding of visual communications and graphic design processes.
• Demonstrated relationship-building and consulting skills.
• Solid understanding of social media measurement and analytics
• Facebook Blueprint and Hootsuite Platform Certifications are an asset.
What you will be doing
• Coordinating the implementation of CMHC’s social media strategies, activities and policies.
• Developing, planning and executing social media engagement activities and campaigns including paid marketing campaigns to build awareness or drive conversions in order to improve the performance of our online presence.
• Setting up and optimizing CMHC's online presence on each platform to increase the visibility of and engagement with the company’s social content.
• Developing an editorial calendar and content for social media channels.
• Integrating social media into communications and marketing strategies to support business priorities and objectives.
• Managing CMHC's online reputation, leveraging online platforms and tools.
• Providing strategic advice and guidance to business lines, regions, internal and external clients to identify social media and digital marketing opportunities to help meet their objectives.
• Writing great engaging social media copy to stimulate user engagement for a variety of platforms and audiences.
• Project manage the production of visual assets for digital content marketing, working with graphic designers and video producers as required.
• Developing and providing training and tools to CMHC employees, management and business lines on best practices to enable them as brand ambassadors.
• Working closely with Communications and Marketing colleagues to review measurement, discuss results and propose strategic improvements and ensure that corporate goals are met.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID: 5149
Office Location: Charlottetown (PE); Halifax (NS); Moncton (NB); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Quebec (QC); St. John’s (NL); Thunder Bay (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC)
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Limited
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada’s official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- CAD Month
- Address 1111 West Georgia Street Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- Image Gallery