|City:||Vancouver, BC, Canada|
|Location:||Vancouver H/O – Canfor/CWPM_1000 (BC13)|
Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
Canfor is seeking an energetic and self-motivated Senior Advisor, External Relations to join our team. You have a diverse background in strategic communications, issues management, government and community relations, writing, corporate profile building and social media strategy. The preferred candidate will have experience in project management and building relationships with internal departments, vendors, partners and external stakeholders, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
In this role you will work closely with the Senior Director, Communications and Government Relations, Senior Manager, Communications, and Digital Brand Specialist to primarily support external initiatives. This includes developing and executing engagement, issues and campaign strategies, writing and editing, and working with cross functional teams. Canfor offers a great opportunity to apply your exceptional communications and issues management skills while working alongside a talented team in forestry.
- Help lead Canfor’s issues management and government relations strategy
- Plan and coordinate corporate programs and campaigns that drive results
- Concise and professional writing and storytelling skills, including creation of speeches, key messages, corporate documents, fact sheets, intranet articles, social media posts, presentations, advertisement, etc.
- Research and prepare government relations materials and briefing notes
- In coordination with the Senior Director, Communications and Government Relations and the Senior Communications Manager, lead the company’s social media strategy and content development plan
- Seek opportunities to raise Canfor’s corporate profile in our communities
- Manage budgets and timeline
Education & Experience
- A university degree, completion of a college diploma or combination of related education and experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in communications, government relations and/or public relations
- Agency experience an asset
- Resource sector experience an asset
Skills and Abilities
- Well-developed issues management skills
- Strong writing and editing skills with the ability to write in a variety of styles and media, including business-to-business communications, collateral materials, articles and other corporate communications
- Good interpersonal communication skills as this role requires continuous interaction with senior team leaders, departments, partners and external stakeholders
- Experience engaging with community leaders and government and developing associated strategies
- Ability to take initiative and manage project requests
- Ability to apply strong analytical, planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- A social media strategist who is fluent in the core social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and across multiple departments as well as independently
- Experience in research with the ability to distill large amount of information into specific takeaways or recommendations when reporting out
- Detail and results oriented
All qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their application no later than 4:00pm on December 4th, 2020.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent
The city of Vancouver is both a natural beauty and a progressive urban centre, a rare place on earth that is idyllic and electric all at once. With one of Canada’s mildest climates, Vancouver is ideally suited for those devoted to outdoor pursuits, health and wellness. Along with its endless supply of fresh air and clean water, Vancouver also boasts countless choices for culturally diverse, world-class cuisine and an inventory of arts and entertainment events. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/vancouver
- CAD Month
- Address 100 -1700 W 75th Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery