|City:||Vancouver, BC, Canada|
|Location:||Vancouver H/O – Canfor/CWPM_1000 (BC13)|
Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
Canfor is currently looking for a motivated individual with proven IT architectural design and systems administration experience to join our team as a Technical Architect.
The Technical Architect, Data Centre reports to the Director, Enterprise IT Services and works with the Data Centre Team directly, as well as all of IT. The role will lead infrastructure architecture for Canfor IT systems including our ERP on AWS. As well the role will help the Data Centre team with Systems Administration, Incident Resolution, Root Cause Analysis and mentoring the team.
- Work effectively with business and IT department staff throughout the enterprise, building positive working relationships.
- Creates technical specifications for delivering infrastructure architecture solutions.
- Self-manage your work plans, balancing short and long-term priorities to obtain best results.
- Analyzes IT needs and goals and comes up with and oversees the implementation of architectural designs to meet these.
- Creates and documents Roadmaps, Standards, Methodologies, and Processes.
- Is a champion for continuous improvement, automation and cloud adoption
- Translates business requirements into technical strategies, roadmaps and solutions, effectively prioritizing activities and achieving project objectives.
- Conducting cost/benefit analyses to determine proper architecture solutions.
- Work within standard IT project management requirements for the coordination, timely completion, and sign-off of assigned tasks.
- Participation in On-Call rotation.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience with
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) architecture and design
- Microsoft Technologies including Windows, Active Directory, Federation, PowerShell, IIS, AZURE, etc.
- Virtualization Technologies such as VMware, and Citrix
- storage systems such as NAS and SAN
- Planning, implementing and executing Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity strategies
- An extensive knowledge of Networking and Internet based protocols
- Proficient in ITIL operations processes
- Capacity and Performance Planning, Monitoring
- Excellent documentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Uses systematic and logical approach to analyzing problems and researching information. Explores various alternatives and implements action plans to resolve problems.
- Ability to research and keep abreast of the latest technologies, methodologies and trends.
- Working knowledge of Oracle, SQL, and other databases
- Working knowledge of System Interfaces and EDI
- Experience with JD Edwards (E1), Oracle Transportation Manager (OTM), WebMethods, and dotNET a benefit.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 10 years infrastructure/data centre and operations experience
- Experience managing third party vendors providing support for applications and infrastructure.
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent
- CAD Month
- Address 100 -1700 W 75th Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery